carlinkit carplay wireless dongle 2.0 vs 3.0

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
There is still lag.
The only real difference between the 2.0 and 3.0 for me has been that the 3.0 connects more consistently. Everything else is exactly the same.

JeffreyHuxley

First Name
JeffreyHuxley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020
Hello, has anyone used this device?
https://autokitcarplay.com/blogs/autokit-blogs/product-u2w-plus, will the wireless carplay connects smoothly without any lags? Thanks
I have been using it over 6 moths. No lags currently. You are good to go.
We did previously update our USB hub to support carplay on sync3, but thus unit works exactly as desired and makes my wife's iPhone completely touch free in the car. Sometimes it asks that we pair the Bluetooth again but that's not common, and we just touch the sync device already set up on her phone and it's done - most times we just get in the car and it picks up carplay after maybe 4-5 seconds. Couldn't be happier.

JeffreyHuxley

First Name
JeffreyHuxley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020
There is still lag.
The only real difference between the 2.0 and 3.0 for me has been that the 3.0 connects more consistently. Everything else is exactly the same.
For me there is currently no lag, I guess you might just have to do some settings.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
For me there is currently no lag, I guess you might just have to do some settings.
I should clarify, there is no audio lag.
There is a touch of lag when you press a button compared to wired CarPlay.
You get used to it and it doesn’t improve with the newer wireless CarPlay adapters.
Sponsored