Country flag
First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Sonic Grey
Country flag
Iā€™ll order it and try it. Seems it wonā€™t be available until the 19th. So Iā€™ll update then!

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Iā€™ll order it and try it. Seems it wonā€™t be available until the 19th. So Iā€™ll update then!
I didn't mean to make you the guinea pig. But thank you! I would buy it but just worried about downloading the apk. I doubt it will mess up the radio but you never know. If this guy is coming out with a dongle, you can bet others will too. A lot of people will buy it and I think there is a huge market for such a device.

I really want wireless CarPlay. I have so many wireless chargers that I don't care about draining the battery. Honda could probably do it with a software update because the car has Wifi and bluetooth. I would pay them 1K to get it done on my car. It is worth the money to me.

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
This is a very interesting product - I hope the battery drain won't be a lot though.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
This is a very interesting product - I hope the battery drain won't be a lot though.
It'd be awesome if the next gen. Civic came with built in wireless Android Auto + Apple CarPlay, AND a wireless charger for your phone.

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
The seller of this product on Amazon just said that if you can install the APK on your radio, the dongle will work. If anyone follows the instructions posted on Amazon and installs the APK, let us know.

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I am not worried about the phone battery drain. If you are taking a long road trip, just plug the phone in. If you are driving to the corner, leave your phone in your pocket. I have a 15 minute commute to work. I have wireless chargers at home and on my desk at work. My phone never gets below 80% before I throw it back on the charger stand. So wireless carplay is not a concern for me. As a matter of fact, if I had wireless carplay I might even have the dealership install the console charging pad. The only reason why I don't have it is because I always plug my phone in with a wire so I could use carplay.

mks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TLX
Country flag
Off topic but do any Apple users have any issues with car play lately?

I was driving my gf 18 hatchbackfor two weeks, and suddenly the car play stopped working. Says device not responsive and it doesnā€™t even charge the phone

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si

I was driving my gf 18 hatchbackfor two weeks, and suddenly the car play stopped working. Says device not responsive and it doesnā€™t even charge the phone
My iPhone X is working on the latest version of iOS. I would try a different cable, preferably an original Apple lightning cable.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

No, but Iā€™d say restart the phone?

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag

My CarPlay wasnā€™t working the other day, tried different phones, different cables, same thing... ended up rebooting the unit (holding down on the volume knob for 20 seconds) and it fixed the issue.

mks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TLX
Country flag
My iPhone X is working on the latest version of iOS. I would try a different cable, preferably an original Apple lightning cable.
Using oem cable, tried different cable also.