First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
For 82 bucks lol
Ummm. What exactly are you trying to say here? Are you pointing out that there are versions for $82?

Yes there are, and some require installing software on the head unit, strike one in my book and a very HUGE strike. Strike two, the description and information about the product is in broken English, which in my past experience with electronics has meant the product probably isn’t the highest quality. Strike three, there is no list of supported vehicles. Strike four, lots of reports of issues with no apparent response from the seller.

The one I got cost more, yes, but with that there is the appearance of quality. Yes, I said appearance because that is what it could very well be. That said there are a lot of positive responses on the vendors website about how well the product works. Again, the fact that those comments are on the vendors website has to be taken into consideration. My experience with the adapter has lived up to my expectations based on the information I found. I already described the issues I had, which were probably caused by me, so no fault to the adapter.

Mock me if you like thinking I paid too much for this, that is your choice. I did my research and made the decision I though was best. When you grow up, and I assume you are not very mature since you felt the need to leave a comment like this, you will understand this better.

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
Im not mockin u bro im just sayin that dongle 82 bucks thought it would be less

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
Ummm. What exactly are you trying to say here? Are you pointing out that there are versions for $82?

Yes there are, and some require installing software on the head unit, strike one in my book and a very HUGE strike. Strike two, the description and information about the product is in broken English, which in my past experience with electronics has meant the product probably isn’t the highest quality. Strike three, there is no list of supported vehicles. Strike four, lots of reports of issues with no apparent response from the seller.

The one I got cost more, yes, but with that there is the appearance of quality. Yes, I said appearance because that is what it could very well be. That said there are a lot of positive responses on the vendors website about how well the product works. Again, the fact that those comments are on the vendors website has to be taken into consideration. My experience with the adapter has lived up to my expectations based on the information I found. I already described the issues I had, which were probably caused by me, so no fault to the adapter.

Mock me if you like thinking I paid too much for this, that is your choice. I did my research and made the decision I though was best. When you grow up, and I assume you are not very mature since you felt the need to leave a comment like this, you will understand this better.
Not mockin bro just chill

kpun

First Name
Kelv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag

LOL you bought from a dropshipping company. They sell the exact same product as the other ones with broken english, just rebranded. The reviews are all fake. The quality is the exact same, you are just experiencing placebo from spending more money and reading fake reviews.

EricSten

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
LOL you bought from a dropshipping company. They sell the exact same product as the other ones with broken english, just rebranded. The reviews are all fake. The quality is the exact same, you are just experiencing placebo from spending more money and reading fake reviews.
And your proof of this is where? I already mentioned that the reviews and the non-broken English could all be just appearance of quality, did you not read that? However, the performance of the adapter is not just an appearance, it is a fact. It works, and it works well. The fact I didn't have to install software on the head unit is also a fact. Also a fact, my past experience with companies/sellers that use broken English has been poor. Say what you want, you have your opinion and I have my factual experience with the product. Why don't you go out and buy one of the $82 adapters and let us all know how well it works? If it works fine, that's great, you got me, I spent too much money. But until you come up with some hard FACTS to support your claims that the quality is exactly the same your opinion is worthless.

kpun

First Name
Kelv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
And your proof of this is where? I already mentioned that the reviews and the non-broken English could all be just appearance of quality, did you not read that? However, the performance of the adapter is not just an appearance, it is a fact. It works, and it works well. The fact I didn't have to install software on the head unit is also a fact. Also a fact, my past experience with companies/sellers that use broken English has been poor. Say what you want, you have your opinion and I have my factual experience with the product. Why don't you go out and buy one of the $82 adapters and let us all know how well it works? If it works fine, that's great, you got me, I spent too much money. But until you come up with some hard FACTS to support your claims that the quality is exactly the same your opinion is worthless.
It’s a fact you bought a rebranded carlinkit.:lol::lol::lol:

EricSten

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
It’s a fact you bought a rebranded carlinkit.:lol::lol::lol:
Again,

So me the proof. From what I've seen about the Carlink adapter you have install an APK on the headunit to use it. The adapter I bought doesn't require that. So are they the same product, doesn't look like it. Again, put your money where your mouth is, buy the Carlink adapter and tell me how it works. Until then all the crap you are spouting is just that, crap. Proof is in the pudding and you have none.

kpun

First Name
Kelv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Again,

So me the proof. From what I've seen about the Carlink adapter you have install an APK on the headunit to use it. The adapter I bought doesn't require that. So are they the same product, doesn't look like it. Again, put your money where your mouth is, buy the Carlink adapter and tell me how it works. Until then all the crap you are spouting is just that, crap. Proof is in the pudding and you have none.
1.) There is a carlinkit which works on the factory head unit. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T8NQJX1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_tTBnEbQ54JZH6
2.) Scroll to the bottom and find the parent company name, then search it up on YouTube. The installation videos are in Chinese.
3.) “Free international shipping”. What company do you know that does that? Dropshipping companies LOL.
4.) 284 reviews but not a single review less than 4 stars? Doesn’t take a genius to know that all of them are fake. You can even tell by the grammar and sentence structure of the reviews.
5.) Under policy, it states “If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at: Gerosios Vilties g. 20-26 Vilnius LT 03145”
So the company is located in Lithuania...

All that from 2 minutes of being on the site. Doesn’t take a genius to tell if a site is a dropshipping company but props to you for falling for it. So much for your research LOL.

Last edited:

Sivaru

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si '18
Country flag
I ordered one, CarPlayAir2, and got it yesterday. After a bit of an issue with the linking of the phone to device (I think it had to do with HondaHack being installed, telling HondaHack to fix issues took care of that). After getting it connected I've not had any real issues. Four times I got into the car, four times it connected without issue and CarPlay worked fine. No skipping issues after installing the latest firmware, which instructions on how to do are included with the device. At this point I'm very happy with it. Wireless charging wise, I got a wireless charger that is designed to fit in the cubby behind the gear shift by CarQiWireless on Amazon. Works as expected. :)
With the unit being on the most up-to-date firmware, are your steering wheel media controls still working?

_judge__judy_

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Off topic but do any Apple users have any issues with car play lately?

I was driving my gf 18 hatchbackfor two weeks, and suddenly the car play stopped working. Says device not responsive and it doesn’t even charge the phone
I’ve had this happen a few times, I’ve had my care since November and it hasn’t happened as much since February, usually it’s a problem with the phone, I have an 11, it almost always works when I turn off my phone and turn it back on. If that doesn’t do it then I shut the car off, unplug the cord, turn off my phone, restart it, start the car, and plug everything back in. Did notice a big difference when I got a better cord though so that could be it too.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Off topic but do any Apple users have any issues with car play lately?

I was driving my gf 18 hatchbackfor two weeks, and suddenly the car play stopped working. Says device not responsive and it doesn’t even charge the phone
Yeah, it’s an iOS issue (#WhatsNew ?).

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With the unit being on the most up-to-date firmware, are your steering wheel media controls still working?
Any chance you could share those instructions I feel like all the different instructions I’ve played with don’t work or aren’t up to date haha