Car loses power check engine light flashing

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Si
Country flag
While driving on the Freeway my Check engine light starts flashing my car loses power no acceleration after I pull over and turn the car off and on the check light goes away and power comes back yesterday I got a P2187 code that finally stuck I cleaned my MAF replaced all my coils and spark plugs still having what feels like a misfire at idle after giving the car some gas. Any ideas on what this may be? Next thoughts are fuel pump or fuel injectors

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So you went into limp mode and have a lean code. You changed plugs and coils. Tuned? What mods? How many miles on the car?

A video like can't tell you much to be honest. If you were tuned I could look at your log. I do that as a free service if you're in my tuning relability thread (link in signature).

Injectors are a possibility.

OP
OP
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Si
Country flag
N
So you went into limp mode and have a lean code. You changed plugs and coils. Tuned? What mods? How many miles on the car?

A video like can't tell you much to be honest. If you were tuned I could look at your log. I do that as a free service if you're in my tuning relability thread (link in signature).

Injectors are a possibility.
No tune and I do have a K&N intake and Boomba Blow off Valve those are the only two mods

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Consider taking of take off the BOV. Just in general they aren't great long term for our cars.

And honestly the K&N intake is known to cause fuel trim issues.

Plus it could be a MAF sensor issue, 02 sensor, fuel pump, vacuum leak etc ..

Good luck finding the fix.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Si
Country flag
I know for sure it’s not a vacuum problem I’ll try replacing the MAF

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Get rid of the BOV. It's known to cause bad issues. The BOV makes air volume/movement almost impossible for the computer to read.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
While driving on the Freeway my Check engine light starts flashing my car loses power no acceleration after I pull over and turn the car off and on the check light goes away and power comes back yesterday I got a P2187 code that finally stuck I cleaned my MAF replaced all my coils and spark plugs still having what feels like a misfire at idle after giving the car some gas. Any ideas on what this may be? Next thoughts are fuel pump or fuel injectors

Running lean - there might be a bad injector? I don't think it would be a fuel pump, because P2187 is specifically an OBDII lean fuel mixture at idle code. You don't need much pressure to idle, but if an injector is dirty, there's going to be a lump in the crank revolution where it's not firing the same as the other cylinders, but doesn't flag a misfire, because it's still technically firing.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
My vote is a clogged injector causing the lean condition at idle. And your ECU is probably maxing out fuel trims to compensate. My understanding is that the only way to diagnose injectors (without pulling them) is by using Honda's proprietary scan tool.

If you've ruled out vacuum/unmetered air, I'd recommend a dealer scan. It's around $125-150 but worth doing vs. throwing parts at the problem (and hoping something sticks).

Also, you're probably aware that injectors are on nationwide backorder and take up to 6-12 weeks to get, depending on when the order is placed. GL.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You're welcome. :cool:
Sponsored