Check engine light code P0088??

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Yup mine coded for this a few months back. I related this to the rev hang being disabled and did some adjustments and it never happened again. Hopefully yours doesn't go the route mine ended up going when messing with e20. I now have what looks to be injector issue codes (cylinder imbalances). Along with dash/gauge cluster issues (going black). Flashing eps lights. The list goes on. I returned my car to stock and plan on trading it in on a '20 and not modifying or tuning it.
Really not worth it for at best an 8 to 10 mph trap speed increase.

Too many questions with too few answers still. Lots of depths in our systems not discovered. Im hoping for the best for everyone of the early modifiers.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Yup mine coded for this a few months back. I related this to the rev hang being disabled and did some adjustments and it never happened again. Hopefully yours doesn't go the route mine ended up going when messing with e20. I now have what looks to be injector issue codes (cylinder imbalances). Along with dash/gauge cluster issues (going black). Flashing eps lights. The list goes on. I returned my car to stock and plan on trading it in on a '20 and not modifying or tuning it.

Too many questions with too few answers still. Lots of depths in our systems not discovered. Im hoping for the best for everyone of the early modifiers.
Personally, when I went back to stock shortly before I sold I was loving it. I had to rev it out a bit more, but that was the fun of it. I think that is a good decision on your part

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Seems like most that put ktuner in eventually have problems. Mine is staying stock, any problems then the dealership get to take care of it.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Seems like most that put ktuner in eventually have problems. Mine is staying stock, any problems then the dealership get to take care of it.
This is not a Ktuner issue, nor a TSP Stage 1 or Stage 2 tune issue. JDMpo0kie is tuned to probably beyond 300 WHP. This is a full bolt-on issue. When a 1.5L can smoke an STI (or was that a WRX) without breaking a sweat...

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This is not a Ktuner issue, nor a TSP Stage 1 or Stage 2 tune issue. JDMpo0kie is tuned to probably beyond 300 WHP. This is a full bolt-on issue....
No I was only at 279 to the hub.. I wish 300 haha

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

What adjustments did you make?? I have my rev hang turned off and on aggressive light throttle pull back setting..

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Intank man even in the two steps website says to use a well design intank.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
What adjustments did you make?? I have my rev hang turned off and on aggressive light throttle pull back setting..
Mine happened on hondata. Adjusting the fuel overrun delay values too low was causing it

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, when I went back to stock shortly before I sold I was loving it. I had to rev it out a bit more, but that was the fun of it. I think that is a good decision on your part
Im not missing much. The top end is the huge difference. Still not worth it. I have my big power other cars. I should have resisted on this one. I firmly believe modifying mine has caused problems. And ive been meticulously tuning and watching things trying to make it perfect. It's not like obd1 days of replace an 02 every so often....

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im not missing much. The top end is the huge difference. Still not worth it. I have my big power other cars. I should have resisted on this one. I firmly believe modifying mine has caused problems. And ive been meticulously tuning and watching things trying to make it perfect. It's not like obd1 days of replace an 02 every so often....
Now that you shared that with me, let me share my biggest mistake I made with my Si... changing the exhaust. It ruined the car sound wise. I ended up having to modify the performance exhaust just to quiet it down, but it still wasn't the same. Since I sold the factory exhaust, I couldn't go back, and I couldn't find a used one (new one is around $1200 not including shipping). Lesson learned

Last edited:

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jdmpookie I would suggest trying the same calibration and re-enable rev hang (just to see if it re-occurs). Im sorry but I think d-rob is off target saying this couldn't be calibration related, in my case it was the calibration 100%.

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
jdmpookie I would suggest trying the same calibration and re-enable rev hang (just to see if it re-occurs). Im sorry but I think d-rob is off target saying this couldn't be calibration related, in my case it was the calibration 100%.
Haha too late i already blew my motor and replaced it with a new one.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bringing this back up.
I got a code p0088 during a wot log for drob.
2017 civic hatch sport with a fuel upgrade.
Im gonna try not letting off the gas too fast after a wot pull.
Sponsored