Car Audio Install, Am I missing anything?

OP
OP
PandaXpress

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
I have the same 8 speaker as you, I tapped it through the head unit, i bought the Axxess AX-DSP-HON2 Plug and Play T-Harness, you dont need the whole thing but it is so worth it so you dont have to cut your existing wires and got a Line Output Converter

This video is for a Mazda but it is pretty good at explaining it how to use the T harness

i did add some sound deadening but didnt have much of it and it doesnt look that good and i think it helps

My evolution
Stock - horrible and weak
JBL GX602 all around unamplifed - sounds better than stock but not that great
JBL GX602 all around unamplifed with Viper4Android - improved it and added more bass but still sounds hollow
JBL GX602 all around Amplifed with Viper4Android - Way better with better highs and mid and bass, you can hear more detail
JL C2-650X all around Amplifed with Viper4Android - Way way better than the JBL GX602, the highs are better and sounds warmer

Hi that looks great ??

I have a base model stereo with 8 speakers and have got components ready to fit.

How did you tap off the speaker wires to feed into the amp ?

Did you use any sound deadening ?

How does it sound then ?
Sponsored

Renton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 sport.
Country flag
Fantastic.

What amp have you used and did it just accept a speaker level input rather than buying RCA convertor.

OP
OP
PandaXpress

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
I got the NVX VAD11005 Class D 5-Channel, it needs RCA cables
I got that because i was running those cheap JBL GX602, There’s alot better out there. I got the JL C2-650X for cheap and if I could do it all over again I would get the Kick or Rockford Fosgate because some of the amps come with a built in distortion detector which totally helps with tuning the app and they are very reputable companies

I used this video to tune my amplifier which isnt the best way to do it...

Joh256

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic ex hatchback
Country flag
Hey I'm starting to install a four channel amp and couldn't find a t harness for my 2018 ex civic. I saw the AX-DSP-HON2 but I was unsure if it would be plug and play because Metra said it only worked up till 2017. Did you use the AX-DSP-HON2 on a 2018 or later and ex or higher trim? If so did you run into any issues (bluetooth, steering wheel controls, wiring, etc) ?

OP
OP
PandaXpress

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
I have the 2016 EX-T with the 8 Speaker system and the AX-DSP-HON2
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_149213_Axxess-AX-DSP-HON2.html worked great for me, all the stock functions worked.

Hey I'm starting to install a four channel amp and couldn't find a t harness for my 2018 ex civic. I saw the AX-DSP-HON2 but I was unsure if it would be plug and play because Metra said it only worked up till 2017. Did you use the AX-DSP-HON2 on a 2018 or later and ex or higher trim? If so did you run into any issues (bluetooth, steering wheel controls, wiring, etc) ?
Sponsored