2016 Canadian LX Display Audio with Subwoofer and Amp install

5vnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic EX Coupe 5-spd
Hey everyone.

Looking for some advice. I have a 2016 Canadian LX model that comes with the display audio system (Android Auto, etc). I've attempted installing a subwoofer/amp combo. It all works but after driving for approximately 30 seconds the audio cuts out on the entire system, while it appears it is playing on the radio itself. All inputs, Bluetooth, FM, etc are affected until I disconnect the equipment.

Not sure if anyone knows what could be causing this. Would like to avoid having to pay exorbitant costs.

Please help! Thanks
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
There's a possibility your amp is going into protect mode, or auto-shutoff.

Make sure you wired the amp's remote wire to something that stays powered, and that all connections are tight. Your ground point should be fastened to the chassis that's been sandpapered. Did you properly fuse the amp to the battery? Inline fuse should be within 12" of the positive battery terminal.

It could also be a defective amp.

OP
OP

5vnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic EX Coupe 5-spd
Hey I was thinking something like this was happening at first also, but the head unit cuts audio to all of the other speakers. It appears as though the amp is staying on.

There's a possibility your amp is going into protect mode, or auto-shutoff.

Make sure you wired the amp's remote wire to something that stays powered, and that all connections are tight. Your ground point should be fastened to the chassis that's been sandpapered. Did you properly fuse the amp to the battery? Inline fuse should be within 12" of the positive battery terminal.

It could also be a defective amp.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Hey I was thinking something like this was happening at first also, but the head unit cuts audio to all of the other speakers. It appears as though the amp is staying on.
So the regular speakers are powered by the headunit still - the amp just powers the sub - but you lose sound from all the speakers?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Where are you drawing signal from for the amp?

OP
OP

5vnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic EX Coupe 5-spd
Where are you drawing signal from for the amp?
I had spliced into the feed to one of the speakers. Then on a last ditch effort I connected to the posts of the same speaker

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Try temporarily removing those signal wires from your amp. Leave them connected on the other end, at the speaker. You can leave them laying loose - just don't let them touch each other or any metal of the car. If the problem still occurs, then the issue is with something about how you tapped into the speakers for the signal. If it doesn't occur, then the it's something about your amp. A problem with the input impedance is all I can think, although that would be weird.

fc two

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
integra gsr integra ls civic's
Country flag
Hey everyone.

Looking for some advice. I have a 2016 Canadian LX model that comes with the display audio system (Android Auto, etc). I've attempted installing a subwoofer/amp combo. It all works but after driving for approximately 30 seconds the audio cuts out on the entire system, while it appears it is playing on the radio itself. All inputs, Bluetooth, FM, etc are affected until I disconnect the equipment.

Not sure if anyone knows what could be causing this. Would like to avoid having to pay exorbitant costs.

Please help! Thanks
Any pics of your set up

daPyr0x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T
Country flag
Something tells me you've got a short somewhere around those speaker wires. Are you sure they were taped up tight after you tapped them?

I just did a sub install on mine, tapped front speakers and remote from the main harness running to the head unit, everything worked flawlessly.
Sponsored