Can't charge my phone in 2018 Civic Si Coupe

greenelight2go

First Name
Ivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
I do gig work using apps on my phone that I plug into my USB ports. During a long driving job, my phone dies. I get a new cord and the phone won't charge past 1%, but I could finish the job. Recharged my phone at home to 100 percent. Followed directions to change #29 fuse (front accessory socket) and USBs work again. After a week the fuse blows. Replace again and it lasts for a day. Go see my mechanic, who changes the fuse again. This time it doesn't work. Tested all the fuses, 2 phones and 3 chargers. Phone power drains...no charge. USBs were getting power because the light on cigarette lighter charging adapter came on. I removed the adaptor in case this was causing the fuse to blow. The next day, USBs spontaneously work again, then fail the following day. Anybody else have this issue?
Sponsored

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. But I have bought three different wireless chargers for the cubby under the dash. All 3 will not charge shit. Different phones too.
Super annoying.
Sorry. I don’t have that issue you speak of however.

OP
OP
greenelight2go

greenelight2go

First Name
Ivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
No. But I have bought three different wireless chargers for the cubby under the dash. All 3 will not charge shit. Different phones too.
Super annoying.
Sorry. I don’t have that issue you speak of however.
Purchased an external power source to charge my phone till I get this resolved. Now my moonroof won't open all of a sudden, despite red light being lit. I'm thinking I need to find a repair shop that specializes in Honda electrical. Would hate to have to service it at a dealership. $$$

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Question. Does the USB ports function if you stick in a usb stick with music or apks?

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
Any chance that you may have spilled something in the lower USB port in the center console?

I managed to drive a straw through a Styrofoam cup full of sweet tea once while shifting gears.... it drained through the cupholder and into the USB port. All sorts of weird stuff started happening. Once I removed the port and de-gunked it with CRC and a follow up of Deoxit, things went back to normal.