Can I replace 10th Gen Civic Cloth Seats with 10th Gen Civic Leather seats from a different trim

DOC101

First Name
Burhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
Hello,

So my question is can I replace 10th Gen Civic Cloth Seats with 10th Gen Civic Leather seats from a different trim like the touring version or EX-L? I have a 2016 Civic LX with cloth seats and I have someone selling their 10th Gen Civic Leather seats from a Touring cheap. Will the harness be the same? Are the seats the same size, any help or advice would be really helpful.

Thank you
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
You would need the harness, rails, and the seats of course to make it work

OP
OP

DOC101

First Name
Burhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic lx
Country flag
You would need the harness, rails, and the seats of course to make it work
So to clarify, other then leather seats from the touring, I would need the rails from the Civic Touring as well to install them in the LX? Will the stock rails in the LX not be compatible with the Touring Seats?

Also if the Touring seats comes with a harness, is it just plug & play into the LX harness? Will the power seats & heated seats start working automatically?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
You would need the following:

Seat frame (comes with rails), all the harnesses, seat cushion/pad in leather, all the mounting hardware and bolts, all the plastic trim pieces and covers.

If you go directly to the dealer you're roughly paying $3300CAD/$2700USD per side -- best bet is to go to a wrecker or find someone selling their touring seats on here, craigs or facebook marketplace.

It's a simple diy
Sponsored