Been looking at some used Si's

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
It's for MPG's, purely a commute car. My weekend car is a 2017 Lotus Evora...400 hp 6 speed manual. Right now I'm driving an Accord Sport V6 (6 speed manual) as my daily as my 2017 Si was stolen
Yeah, I remember the Si situation, that’s why I mentioned a fit might not cut it... but since you have the “go fast” bases covered, a fit would probably be perfect for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
Yeah, I remember the Si situation, that’s why I mentioned a fit might not cut it... but since you have the “go fast” bases covered, a fit would probably be perfect for you.
Yeah sorry, I corrected that! Fast is already covered!

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
That Evora is a hell of a car.

If you want to get a lightly used commuter car and don't want to pay Si prices, check out the assorted Hyundai & Kia 1.6T cars like the Elantra Sport, Elantra GT Sport/N-Line, Veloster Turbo, Soul Turbo, Forte GT, etc.

They don't have the performance pedigree of the Si with no LSD or adaptive dampers, but they do have a lot of equipment and better than average power with 201 hp. Used prices are lower because they depreciate more quickly, but they also won't hold their value as well as the Si.

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That Evora is a hell of a car.

If you want to get a lightly used commuter car and don't want to pay Si prices, check out the assorted Hyundai & Kia 1.6T cars like the Elantra Sport, Elantra GT Sport/N-Line, Veloster Turbo, Soul Turbo, Forte GT, etc.

They don't have the performance pedigree of the Si with no LSD or adaptive dampers, but they do have a lot of equipment and better than average power with 201 hp. Used prices are lower because they depreciate more quickly, but they also won't hold their value as well as the Si.
It is that. Rev's out all the way to 7000 rpm. Love it, but the Alcantara gets dirty easily. Great for taking it for a spin or the track but not a great daily, especially my drive to work which entails Southern California traffic.

It's funny you mentioned Hyundai, there's another discussion going on. I'll think about that after January when I'm actually ready to buy. Just hoping my COVID test comes back negative :(

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
It's for MPG's, purely a commute car. My weekend car is a 2017 Lotus Evora...400 hp 6 speed manual. Right now I'm driving an Accord Sport V6 (6 speed manual) as my daily
oh shit, I remember the SI theft thread in here not too long ago. Any news on that?

Someone else mentioned a fit in here...I would agree...or even maybe one of the lower trim 10th gen civics.

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
oh shit, I remember the SI theft thread in here not too long ago. Any news on that?

Someone else mentioned a fit in here...I would agree...or even maybe one of the lower trim 10th gen civics.
That was mine. It was recovered, but insurance totaled it. I broke even, loan was paid off and I got about $10K in my pocket. The Fit. My neighbors son has a 2018 Sport with low miles he is going to sell in Jan/Feb and I'm interested in buying it. I looked at some used 10th gen Si's but they are overpriced. The reason I like his Fit is because it has lows miles, good MPG's and a 6 speed MT

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
It's funny you mentioned Hyundai, there's another discussion going on. I'll think about that after January when I'm actually ready to buy. Just hoping my COVID test comes back negative :(
If you're referring to the Veloster N, I tried one before I bought my Si and was not a fan. Don't like the rear visibility, cramped interior, or lack of equipment like a sunroof & heated seats. The new Elantra N is coming out probably late spring early summer around the same time as the new '22 Civic. It's confirmed to have the similar powertrain & suspension to the Veloster N, but in a more usable package. Not sure about equipment level yet. Hyundai has confirmed they will offer a sunroof...but only on the DCT, not the manual. For a commuter though that could be fine unless you specifically want a stick.

Hope everything works out well for you. Your coworker is an ass. My wife is a contact tracer here in Maryland so I get to hear about the full spectrum of how people are handling covid. Without any personal identifying information, of course.

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you're referring to the Veloster N, I tried one before I bought my Si and was not a fan. Don't like the rear visibility, cramped interior, or lack of equipment like a sunroof & heated seats. The new Elantra N is coming out probably late spring early summer around the same time as the new '22 Civic. It's confirmed to have the similar powertrain & suspension to the Veloster N, but in a more usable package. Not sure about equipment level yet. Hyundai has confirmed they will offer a sunroof...but only on the DCT, not the manual. For a commuter though that could be fine unless you specifically want a stick.

Hope everything works out well for you. Your coworker is an ass. My wife is a contact tracer here in Maryland so I get to hear about the full spectrum of how people are handling covid. Without any personal identifying information, of course.
Yes, that discussion. I'm not looking to spend Veloster N money, just looking for an inexpensive commuter with a stick that's comfortable with good MPG. I bought the 17 Si under $19K OTD pre-COVID, and that's pretty much what I want to spend now. My '13 Accord now has near 118K on it, I don't want to put too many miles on her. If I pick up the Fit I can get it under $15K, and I know that is going to be reliable.

My co-worker is an ass. I don't wanna get into his politics, but you can probably guess by him always telling us how were being brainwashed to wear masks and how COVID is fake. He only wore them in the office because it's mandatory, but never wears it outside the office, going to public gatherings and rallies, zero social distancing. Now he's lying in the ICU with his lungs filled with fluid, his heart enlarged. I hope he makes it, we are all praying for him, but I can't get over that he has endangered all of us and our families, now our whole team and anyone in contact with him have to quarantine and pray we don't get sick. Luckily we all wear masks, wash our hands frequently and social distance in the office. Tomorrow I'm supposed to get my results, just hope its negative

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hope your test comes out negative! Your taste in cars is impeccable, and that manual Fit sounds perfect for your needs

Last edited:
OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hope your test comes out negative! Your taste in cars is impeccable, and that manual Fit sounds for your needs
Thanks! And yes, negative!!!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Si models are fairly scarce, maybe not as bad as Type R's but not in large supply. I bought mine at $ 1,000 under MSRP back in 2017, but caught a break. They are going for a lot used because - no SI inventory. The one I had did 52,000 miles in 30 months and never had an issue. Highly recommended. If you can find a new one, get it. Good luck on everything.

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Si models are fairly scarce, maybe not as bad as Type R's but not in large supply. I bought mine at $ 1,000 under MSRP back in 2017, but caught a break. They are going for a lot used because - no SI inventory. The one I had did 52,000 miles in 30 months and never had an issue. Highly recommended. If you can find a new one, get it. Good luck on everything.
Since I was home all last week I looked far and wide for a 2017 thru 2019 with 30K or less, the cheapest I found was one on Carvana for $19,990 (not including tax, fees and shipping charges) which was still too much because it would have been nearly $22K OTD. I'm just going to buy the Fit in January or Feb, I've already talked to my neighbor. That car is a perfect fit, pun intended

Honda Civic 10th gen Been looking at some used Si's 1607365823413

This is not the picture of the actual car, but it looks similar to this one

Last edited:

Exosyx

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I bought my 2018 Sedan SI with 30,000 miles for $23,400 out of the door, none of the dealerships would work the price with me too much and i ended up getting $200 less than what they were originally asking but they’re all around that price point from what I’ve seen

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Since I was home all last week I looked far and wide for a 2017 thru 2019 with 30K or less, the cheapest I found was one on Carvana for $19,990 (not including tax, fees and shipping charges) which was still too much because it would have been nearly $22K OTD. I'm just going to buy the Fit in January or Feb, I've already talked to my neighbor. That car is a perfect fit, pun intended

This is not the picture of the actual car, but it looks similar to this one
I don't blame you either. It was the whole reason I went with a new one when I was shopping back in August since it didn't make sense to buy a used one over MSRP of a new one especially back when you could still find deals for less than MSRP from Honda dealers (got my 2020 new for $24k OTD). The fit seems to be a good choice for what you are wanting.

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought my 2018 Sedan SI with 30,000 miles for $23,400 out of the door, none of the dealerships would work the price with me too much and i ended up getting $200 less than what they were originally asking but they’re all around that price point from what I’ve seen
I paid under $19K OTD for my previous 2017 with around 25K miles, of course that was pre-COVID. I would have passed on what you paid, unless I really had a strong desire to get another one. I know times are different right now, but don't want to pay almost what it costs new
Sponsored