jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
I ended up picking up a set of Titan7 TS5 in 18x9.5 paired with Michelin Pilot AS4s in 255/40/18 because I didn't want to kill a set of Cup 2s from mostly daily driving (new wheels and tires cost less than the replacement cost of Cup 2s). When I did the wheel swap I weighed them and the BBS + Cup 2 weighed 46.6lbs and my new 18 inch set up was 46.2 lbs. Might end up changing to something lighter down the road wheel wise
Sponsored

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
I ended up picking up a set of Titan7 TS5 in 18x9.5 paired with Michelin Pilot AS4s in 255/40/18 because I didn't want to kill a set of Cup 2s from mostly daily driving (new wheels and tires cost less than the replacement cost of Cup 2s). When I did the wheel swap I weighed them and the BBS + Cup 2 weighed 46.6lbs and my new 18 inch set up was 46.2 lbs. Might end up changing to something lighter down the road wheel wise
Got any pics with the Titans on the LE? I think the car needs black rims.

Last edited:

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
so where are pics???
Here's a bunch of pics I posted in the CW photo thread:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-r-picture-thread.12969/page-105#post-1010928

One more observation on the LE wheels: they're VERY difficult to clean. The satin finish is a brake dust magnet. Regular car wash (even by professional mobile detailers) leaves unsightly smudges. I have to use specialty soap and detail spray for Matte/Satin finishes. The angular surfaces, while they give the wheel a sharp look, make cleaning difficult. You need to use a combination of wheel brushes and microfiber towel scrubbing.

So we cannot get the LE damper software update on the regular Type R. I don't know what I'm missing since I haven't driven an LE to compare. All I know is that the LE wheels and tires definitely make handling better compared to stock.

Interestingly, Throttle House on Youtube just posted an episode featuring the LE, and for their bumpy track, they didn't like the LE suspension stiffness. The reduced compliance causes loss of traction and increased understeer. It seems that it works best on smooth surface tracks (e.g. Suzuka). Since I'll be driving the car mostly on public canyon and mountain roads, which are quite rough and bumpy, the the non-LE suspension/damper setup with more compliance is better for my needs.

Check it out the episode:

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Here's a bunch of pics I posted in the CW photo thread:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-r-picture-thread.12969/page-105#post-1010928

One more observation on the LE wheels: they're VERY difficult to clean. The satin finish is a brake dust magnet. Regular car wash (even by professional mobile detailers) leaves unsightly smudges. I have to use specialty soap and detail spray for Matte/Satin finishes. The angular surfaces, while they give the wheel a sharp look, make cleaning difficult. You need to use a combination of wheel brushes and microfiber towel scrubbing.

So we cannot get the LE damper software update on the regular Type R. I don't know what I'm missing since I haven't driven an LE to compare. All I know is that the LE wheels and tires definitely make handling better compared to stock.

Interestingly, Throttle House on Youtube just posted an episode featuring the LE, and for their bumpy track, they didn't like the LE suspension stiffness. The reduced compliance causes loss of traction and increased understeer. It seems that it works best on smooth surface tracks (e.g. Suzuka). Since I'll be driving the car mostly on public canyon and mountain roads, which are quite rough and bumpy, the the non-LE suspension/damper setup with more compliance is better for my needs.

Check it out the episode:

I do recall the regular type r using sport mode instead of +R for the Nurburgring lap record

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
@jrho - where was that taken? I only know of Arcadia in deadmonton

wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
May I ask what end up costing you for Wheels and Tires?

jrho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE (#30 CAD), 2004 S2000
Country flag
May I ask what end up costing you for Wheels and Tires?
I got the wheels used for a pretty solid deal and the tires had a rebate from Michelin going on. The OEM Cup 2 tires would have cost be around 2800 CAD to replace to give you some context.

wmo168

First Name
Mr M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Country flag
Plan on selling the set of LE wheels with Cup2 under 20 miles. How much should I be listing for without shipping?

Honda Civic 10th gen BBS Forged Type-R Wheels Quotes! C7666CC6-3BF8-459F-8EAD-B51F1D12D647

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Plan on selling the set of LE wheels with Cup2 under 20 miles. How much should I be listing for without shipping?

C7666CC6-3BF8-459F-8EAD-B51F1D12D647.jpeg
Would love to pick these up but I’m broke ??

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Alot ? not sure what they're worth secondhand cuz no one sells them.

I would reconsider getting rid of them and store them if you can. If you have an LE, its going to be a decent knock on the car selling it without the original wheels.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

C7666CC6-3BF8-459F-8EAD-B51F1D12D647.jpeg
Not sure about street price since that hasn’t been established yet. Note that the forged rims cost as much as the non-forged ones from the dealership (parts guy at my local dealer looked up the price for both a little while back). So stock set of just rims would be 4K new. So maybe 5-6k with tires new.

Used prices are a little different and haven’t been established. Another option is to hold onto them until after Honda stops selling them and see if you can get higher than retail, though that has its own risks (if enough supply gets out by the time it’s discontinued prices won’t shoot up high).