• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Georgia Back and forth on parting out/trading-in (UPDATE: Keeping the car and not parting out....for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
@cammyfive

I just have to ask, not trying to influence, WTF??? lol!

You were a pioneer with dyno runs on the Phearable tune, you even hinted at future dyno runs.

Whatever your reasoning, thanks so much for your contributions!
Ill post more generally, but I'm pulling back a bit and going to really think on this before I make a snap decision.....which I kinda did making this thread, haha.

Time to go out for a drive by myself tonight and clean my head.

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now that Gotch brought it up (and not to derail your for sale thread) why the sudden change of heart reagarding the mods if you don't mind me asking?

Are you trading it in??
24 hours ago, I was dead set that I was trading it in for a Miata. I've had sedans with a coupe or two exclusively the last 20 years or so and now that I'm stable in life and settled down, I had a wild urge to get a car that most can't with family obligations. The more I think about it, the more I think I'll still do that, but it would be a good idea to wait until next Spring/Summer. Getting a convertible roadster at the start of Winter as my plan was doesn't make a a lot of sense. I'm gonna head out for a drive by myself tonight with the sunroof open and windows down just to think and drive aimlessly for a while, that helps bring things into focus.

I'll report back.....

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
24 hours ago, I was dead set that I was trading it in for a Miata. I've had sedans with a coupe or two exclusively the last 20 years or so and now that I'm stable in life and settled down, I had a wild urge to get a car that most can't with family obligations. The more I think about it, the more I think I'll still do that, but it would be a good idea to wait until next Spring/Summer. Getting a convertible roadster at the start of Winter as my plan was doesn't make a a lot of sense. I'm gonna head out for a drive by myself tonight with the sunroof open and windows down just to think and drive aimlessly for a while, that helps bring things into focus.

I'll report back.....
I think there’s a lesson here: taking time to be mindful, and just cruise, can be therapeutic and necessary.

Thanks for the reminder! :drive:

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, some may consider this a foolish move, but once I make up my mind, my mind is made up..... I'm taking my car back to stock (power mod-wise) so I'm listing my modifications here for sale. Some are literally a week or two old and some are - literally - scheduled to be at my house in a day or two so obviously never installed/brand new in the box. All prices include shipping to the lower 48 states, BUT, you are responsible for any PayPal fees. For example, if I list something for $100 shipped, I want to net $100 after the transaction from PayPal, so if there are fees involved, that's on the buyer.

1) Ktuner V2.0 WITH Phearable Stage 1.5 Tune (does NOT have the "God Mode") - l will flash my car back to stock and provide proof to the buyer that the tuner is unlocked/no longer locked to my VIN. Ktuner itself is in perfect shape as I flashed my car once and put it in the glove box.
Price: $525 shipped to the lower 40 states (the retail for this without shipping is $650)

2) 27WON CAI BRAND NEW IN THE BOX - This is actually set to be delivered to my home on Monday the 10th. It its the version with the black MAF housing. I will open the packing box to make sure it is in there but will not mess with taking the parts out. This is obviously brand new.
Price: $375 shipped to the lower 48 states (the retail for this without shipping is $392)

3) PRL Intercooler & Charge Pipe Kit - This was installed and on my car for 11 days. Perfect condition as the car has been driven maybe 150 miles in that time span. Ships in two separate boxes (intercooler and charge pipe separately).
Price: $750 shipped to the lower 48 states (the retail for this without shipping was $840)

4) Acuity Throttle Pedal Spacer - Brand new in box as I never got around to installing it and it's been sitting in my closet since the day it was delivered.
Price: $85 shipped to the lower 48 states (the retail for this without shipping is $99)

5) 27WON Leather Shift Knob - Used for approximately 3 months and I clean it with leather cleaner/conditioner every odd car wash, perfect condition.
Price: $80 shipped to the lower 48 states (the retail for this without shipping is $99)

6) ProCivic Performance Honeycomb Grille (https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2020/civic/pro-design-honeycomb-performance-mesh-grille.html) - Brand new in box/never opened. This is at my detailers shop as I had planned to have it put on during a paint correction/ceramic coating detail with him in a few weeks. This will ship directly from his shop (St. Louis, Missouri).
Price: $150 shipped to the lower 48 states (the retail for this without shipping was $175 and shipping was around $50 because of the size of the box)

7) PRL Stage 1 Intake (https://prlmotorsports.com/civicxstage1intake.aspx) - I bought this, sold it but thought it was lost in shipping, installed it on my car about 1000 miles ago. It has the black induction tube. It's not a true CAI but rather a smoother intake tube for airflow and a reusable high flow panel filter. It takes 4-5 minutes to install if that.
Price: $75 ship pined to the lower 47 states (the retail for this without shipping was $85)

Important, PLEASE READ:

My car is going to the dealer to go back to stock this Tuesday the 11th so the parts will ship out on the 12th AT THE EARLIEST, but within a couple of days of that day at the latest. The only item that will ship with a bit of a delay is the ProCivic Performance Honeycomb Grille as it is as my friend's detail shop in St. Louis, Missouri.

Again, so there is no confusion: BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL PAYPAL FEES. Example: if something sells for $225, I expect to net $225 when I receive your PayPal payment. So if there are any fees (typically 2-3% I think), the BUYER is responsible for them.

Once all of this is taken off of my car, I can take pictures if you would like of the items. I have all of the receipts from the companies where I bought the parts from too so you can know they were bought new and from an authorized seller.

First come, first serve. No holds. No "I'll send you the money this weekend". No shipping to your 3rd cousins house in Russia.
Awww was gonna want to ship to my dog’s trainer’s sister’s mother’s teacher’s nephew in Thailand

OP
OP
cammyfive

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well friends....... Sanity prevailed (for now). I spent about 90 minutes tonight ripping around on the back roads, driving on the highway with the windows down and stereo up, and doing some pulls in 2nd-3rd gear. I realized that while I definitely will trade this car off maybe in a minimum of a year, I'm going to enjoy it - and the mods I've already done - for the meantime. It really put things in perspective thinking that I paid $22K and some change before tax for a new 2020 model that is super economical on my highway commute, looks sharp, has enough power to be entertaining with the bolt-ons and tune, handles very well for an economy based sedan, and has plenty of room on the inside. For the price of this car, you can get a new Corolla LE and some other boring appliances so this once checks all of the boxes you can reasonably expect for a car for it's transaction price.

A new Miata makes sense - as much as a Miata can feasibly make sense - for me next year as we have another sedan in the family and I don't have to have *normal* car, but after doing the math of having almost brand new parts pulled off and the OEM ones put back on, shipping, and the natural depreciation of a used performance part, I would have been lucky to net maybe $1500 going back to stock. I figure I can drive it for another year and when the time to trade does come, the parts can be resold for almost that same amount maybe with me having enjoyed them and gotten my moneys worth over that year.

Thanks for those who gently steered me in the direction of thinking this through. :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.