Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I have the iPhone 15 and CarPlay works fine in my FK8. I have a USB-A to USB-C cable plugged into the USB outlet. Plug in the phone and CarPlay starts up.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
It might be your cable that isn't working, OP. I find that a brand new cable will work 3-6 months on average before needing to be replaced. I think it's generally from cold climates that cause the wires to deteriorate inside the cable. The colder it is and the more you bend the cable, the shorter that time frame ends up being.. the cable will work in most cases still but not with the car.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I have given up on wired connectivity lol its too annoying.

I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max in an Otterbox Defender case that is held on securely via a Nikumotors mount + Proclip magsafe holder + Apple magsafe charger combo. Automatically connects to bluetooth for sound (mostly use Spotify) and I just use Google maps or whatever on the phone screen when GPS is needed.

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone have an iPhone 15? 1710359133614-f9

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone have an iPhone 15? 1710359153536-lk

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Using iPhone 15 Pro Max in my 2020 Si Coupe with no issues. Try a new quality cable.

OP
OP

bring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 CW
Country flag
Thanks - the usb c cable came with the iPhone (its brand new) - are there different usb adapters?

One thing I forgot to mention - when I plug into my Mazda, CarPlay works. So it’s only not working in my Honda. Bizarre

Last edited:

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
I use my iPhone 15 Pro on my '21 CTR. My wife uses her iPhone 15 Pro Max on her '24 Civic.
Neither of us has had a problem recently. I say 'recently' because I had problems on my CTR a couple years ago. Those problems have gone away. The only thing that's changed has been newer IOS releases.
When I was having problems I tried a few different cables. None seemed to make things any better.
The current one is the one that came with the iPhone. My wife's Civic has wireless CarPlay.

Last edited:
OP
OP

bring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 CW
Country flag
Thanks - my iOS is up to date - the local Honda tech said they’re having problems with the iPhone 15 on all their models. If I can’t get it to work he said to bring it in.