BOOYA

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
My iPhone auto updated last night to 13.3. Now it won’t connect in my car via the usb cable to CarPlay. It simply doesn’t recognize it connected to the cable. Is there a way to make the stereo update to the latest software?
Sponsored

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
What a bummer. My 13.3 update was taking place as I typed this out. I waited a bit for the phone to do its thing, plugged the phone into the USB, and everything is working as it should. I went through the various menus (messages, music, Maps, Waze, Spotify, etc.) and it's all there. I haven't driven the car since the update, but I'm sure that it won't change a thing. I'll circle back here if I run into any issues. Good luck!

OP
OP

BOOYA

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
What a bummer. My 13.3 update was taking place as I typed this out. I waited a bit for the phone to do its thing, plugged the phone into the USB, and everything is working as it should. I went through the various menus (messages, music, Maps, Waze, Spotify, etc.) and it's all there. I haven't driven the car since the update, but I'm sure that it won't change a thing. I'll circle back here if I run into any issues. Good luck!
Interesting. Thanks though.
I called the dealership and they said that there's no way to make the car update it's software, but that they've seen this before with iPhones. She said that the car will at some point get the update automatically though. Time will tell I guess.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
You might try a different USB cable. I have received "connection error" notifications from USB cables that I use regularly. It normally fixes itself as we simply rotate the cable between our various devices. Maybe someone with actual tech savvy will chime in HAHA.

OP
OP

BOOYA

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
You might try a different USB cable. I have received "connection error" notifications from USB cables that I use regularly. It normally fixes itself as we simply rotate the cable between our various devices. Maybe someone with actual tech savvy will chime in HAHA.
Yeah, tried that as well. I tried to disable my phone from CarPlay in the stereo and it didn’t do anything. I’ll wait for those tech savvy guys as well!!

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
My iPhone auto updated last night to 13.3. Now it won’t connect in my car via the usb cable to CarPlay. It simply doesn’t recognize it connected to the cable. Is there a way to make the stereo update to the latest software?
I know on the 2018 and prior models there was a software update to address what you’re seeing. The car most definitely can get software updates, they aren’t over the air though and have to be installed through USB. Dealerships have access to buying these USB sticks. Your car is under warranty, this would be covered under your warranty.

OP
OP

BOOYA

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I know on the 2018 and prior models there was a software update to address what you’re seeing. The car most definitely can get software updates, they aren’t over the air though and have to be installed through USB. Dealerships have access to buying these USB sticks. Your car is under warranty, this would be covered under your warranty.
That’s good to know! I’m actually going to call Honda and see what they say.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to do the same if I run into the same info.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have no issues with the latest IOS
Sponsored