Any others with infotainment issue - "acquiring location from GPS satellites"?

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T, PMM Type R #3527
Took delivery of my Type R yesterday, and from the moment I got in, the infotainment screen has read:

"The system lost power and is acquiring its location from the GPS satellites. This usually takes less than 10 minutes..."

It then goes on to say how you should park your vehicle in an open location, remove anything that would interfere with the GPS antenna, etc., etc.

Well, the system still has yet to boot up, so I took it to the dealership this morning and based on their diagnostics, they need to replace the GPS antenna. And if that doesn't work, it could be a problem with the head unit.

That's all fine, and obviously will be taken care of under warranty, but just curious if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

For some context, I had the car shipped from out of state. The selling dealership installed some accessories, including the interior illumination kits. So my guess is they performed the normal PDI to make sure the navigation and systems worked, and then installed the accessories and tripped up something.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I think the 2nd day I had mine, I had a problem like that...but it was there and gone so fast I didn't get a chance to document it, so I just forgot about it. I will say my XM will skip on occasion.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
From the moment you got in it said that? That pdi tech is slackin.. should of caught that before releasing it to you. Havent had that happen to mine. Its all good , you were just the chosen one this time, dont let it get you down. Ive had mine for a couple weeks now.. the detailer at my dealer did terrible.. i got glue from the wraps all over my car. Going to detail . Also found a small paint chip in the rear door from factory.. buts all good man still love it

OP
OP
beldredge

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah - I'm not down about it but like you said, do think the PDI was done lazily.

Unfortunately, I can only switch between the preset stations using the steering wheel control - so I've been pretty much stuck listening to NPR or "The Blend" on SiriusXM!

pgeorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura RLX SH-AWD
Country flag
You can try bypassing that screen, so you can get it going. It most likely get stuck at that screen when you restart, but at least you can use the rest of the system until you get it into service. Try this:

"Skip a CSF screen by pressing the DAY/NIGHT (
Honda Civic 10th gen Any others with infotainment issue - "acquiring location from GPS satellites"? enu_1740914_1.0
) button and the HOME button at the same time for 5 seconds and you can move to the Disclaimer screen."

Please update us if this works.

OP
OP
beldredge

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can try bypassing that screen, so you can get it going. It most likely get stuck at that screen when you restart, but at least you can use the rest of the system until you get it into service. Try this:

"Skip a CSF screen by pressing the DAY/NIGHT (
enu_1740914_1.0.png
) button and the HOME button at the same time for 5 seconds and you can move to the Disclaimer screen."

Please update us if this works.
This worked perfectly. I now have functionality aside from the navigation, which is fine with me until that issue gets addressed. Thanks so much!

pgeorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura RLX SH-AWD
Country flag
You're welcome! Glad I could help.

fk8jon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey I'm having the same issue with mine, brought mines out of state with accessories and I can't get the warning screen to get off, did you find out what was causing the issue?

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Yeah, the Civic X Head unit sucks. End of story.
My recurrent, but emission-free, dream is that Honda releases a 2019 Civic Touring with an incredible updated infotainment system that just so happens to be plug and play with 2017-2018 CTR. Then I find a used one at a junk yard for $40. While I am there, Bella Hadid walks in and we become best buddies. I will stop before this starts to sound like "Dear Penthouse".

ClearKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
My recurrent, but emission-free, dream is that Honda releases a 2019 Civic Touring with an incredible updated infotainment system that just so happens to be plug and play with 2017-2018 CTR. Then I find a used one at a junk yard for $40. While I am there, Bella Hadid walks in and we become best buddies. I will stop before this starts to sound like "Dear Penthouse".
I actually have a reality similar to that. Well, almost..... instead of a new infotainment, it was a just a used spare tire from a poor crashed civic because Honda couldn't be arsed to give us one standard or even sell the kit for one. Now it slides around in my trunk until I can pay more to secure it down properly and still maintain some semblance of functional trunk space. Baby steps I guess.

I'm waiting for the same tho. Infotainments are simply a thorn to drivers in car industry right now. The systems do a lot of cool things but seem to fall short in so many ways. They seem to take simple ideas and make it complex (it's almost 3 buttons to get my radio function again sometimes) and manufactures don't provide any semblance of support for the software. Hopefully some sort of trend corrects this in the coming years.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
I actually have a reality similar to that. Well, almost..... instead of a new infotainment, it was a just a used spare tire from a poor crashed civic because Honda couldn't be arsed to give us one standard or even sell the kit for one. Now it slides around in my trunk until I can pay more to secure it down properly and still maintain some semblance of functional trunk space. Baby steps I guess.

I'm waiting for the same tho. Infotainments are simply a thorn to drivers in car industry right now. The systems do a lot of cool things but seem to fall short in so many ways. They seem to take simple ideas and make it complex (it's almost 3 buttons to get my radio function again sometimes) and manufactures don't provide any semblance of support for the software. Hopefully some sort of trend corrects this in the coming years.
They sell a spare kit

ClearKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag