OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Yeah I looked at it also -the well did seem rather shallow, but I'm hoping the thickness of the styrofoam block that holds the repair kit would free up enough vertical space there... I mean, COME ON HONDA! It's a damn Civic, not a Ferrari... :banghead:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
It has to fit right? The Canadian trim came with one. The bodies are the same between us and canada no?

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
It has to fit right? The Canadian trim came with one. The bodies are the same between us and canada no?
Exactly! I don't get it, why they are making such a mess/mystery or of this...

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The depth of the spare tire well is only 3.5". The spare tire alone is thicker than that, so spacers are installed on each side of the trunk to keep the trunk floor flat.

If you look at the Canadian specs, the Si sedan lists a cargo volume of 379L (13.4 cubic feet). The US specs list 15.1 cubic feet, so the spare tire kit takes up 1.7 cubic feet of trunk space.

The Canadian Si coupe shows 289L (10.2 cubic feet). The US shows 12.1 cubic, so the spare tire kit takes up 1.9 cubic feet of trunk space in the coupe - more than the sedan.

I'd like to have a spare tire kit, but it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up well over $500 and eats up trunk space.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork IMG_6909.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork IMG_6908.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork IMG_6907.JPG

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the pics and the trunk volume comparisons... Would be interesting to know if Canadian versions have a bulge in the middle of the trunk or the entire trunk floor is raised higher.
Also wondering if that entire well can come out/be replaced, or is it welded into/is party of the frame...?

skycrapper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si
Spare kit is almost a must for piece of mind. Could you imagine having a sidewall blowout on some dark hwy late night or on a road trip with no spare? It can happen with 18s/low pros from pot-holes. Then you'd have to get your chit towed and have no transportation until you get another tire. It just seems ridiculous to not include a spare

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Thanks for the pics and the trunk volume comparisons... Would be interesting to know if Canadian versions have a bulge in the middle of the trunk or the entire trunk floor is raised higher.
Also wondering if that entire well can come out/be replaced, or is it welded into/is party of the frame...?
The spare tire pan is welded into the body of the vehicle. It can't be any deeper because of the heat shields and mufflers below it.

Spare kit is almost a must for piece of mind. Could you imagine having a sidewall blowout on some dark hwy late night or on a road trip with no spare? It can happen with 18s/low pros from pot-holes. Then you'd have to get your chit towed and have no transportation until you get another tire. It just seems ridiculous to not include a spare
Agreed - even though this isn't specific to the Si. Many other brands and models of vehicles no longer come with spare tires.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare tire kit on hondapartsnetwork IMG_6911.JPG

OP
OP
dmitri

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Thanks so much for that shot!

Damn that center exhaust...

So how the hell the Canadian models are pulling it off? Must have lifted the entire trunk floor, sacrificing some trunk space...

More importantly, again, why the hell are the Canadian models different in such very basic, fundamental way?! :crazy: :banghead:

Guess will have to wait for some aftermarket add-on that would fit the spare and leave a bulge in the trunk floor. Or is push comes to shove, just get a spare and carry it in the trunk "explicitly", in some black leather case (or even a black garbage bag, I mean, who's looking there anyway...)

Arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh...

Last edited:

Moistdef

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I messaged a guy on YouTube who lives in Canada. He bought a si coupe and I asked if he would video the trunk showing the spare tire and size of the spare tire and area it's in. Hopefully he will post soon.
Was there any update to this?

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
I ordered the spare tire kit nearly a week ago.
Came out to just under $700
Will update once it comes in, I loathe the fix a flat crap and just had to have a spare for peace of mind.

Along with the spare tire/wheel/valve/etc.

I ordered the new rear floor cover thing with the left/right spacers so when the tire is under I wont have the bulge.

^Check out what this dude did.