///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Was recently in a car with HUD and thought it was not only cool but also very useful. Anyone think we have a chance of seeing a HUD option in the next gen car? Maybe for upper trim models like Si or Type R?
Sponsored

Backstrom

Threads
Reaction score
Would love to see it in the Type R. The current digital speedo is positioned central and pushed forward almost has a HUD feel to it. I like the way it looks but HUD would be a cool premium feature.

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
I'm not expecting to see HUD in a Civic, but it's certainly useful! A few months ago at a local auto show, I had the chance to test drive a Camaro SS that had it equipped. Very handy, and made it feel slightly like piloting a fighter jet!

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Wow, the 80's all over again.

I have heard people wishing for digital speedo, and now HUD. When these came out in the 80's, many people lambasted that technology. The Corvette, Maxima, 240SX come to mind as cars from the 80's/90's and most people thought it was gimmickry back then.

The Civic is ideally supposed to be a "low cost of ownership" vehicle, so you may need to look up a few tiers to cars in a different class. Not saying that it won't happen or that it's a bad idea, just an unnecessary cost for this kind of car (except maybe CTR since it is near "halo" status for Honda brand in USA)

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Eventually one day HUD may be standard on most cars but for now it's still a pretty premium option.

Neat tech but definitely not necessary.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Mazda3 has a HUD. It's not impossible, but I don't see Honda introducing this tech on the Civic. Maybe the refreshed Accord?

MMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit
To me a sports car has always been a better case for HUD but I agree I don't see it happening.

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
The HUD is making its way from Performance/Gimmick Tech to Safety Tech pretty quickly. Anything automakers can do to "keep your eyes on the road" and add something to the 'safety' column is good for marketing.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
The HUD is making its way from Performance/Gimmick Tech to Safety Tech pretty quickly. Anything automakers can do to "keep your eyes on the road" and add something to the 'safety' column is good for marketing.
+1 having nav directions on HUD for example definitely allows you to keep your eyes on the road. Music info too.

I've also seen a tachometer on a HUD, that's super useful too.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Call me old school but I drove a car with HUD recently (first time) and found it more distracting than plain old gauges. I couldn't help but glance at it every 30 seconds even if I didn't need to see the speedo/tacho/nav.
Sponsored