First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' Corolla, 91' Integra, 18' Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello all.

Just picked up some wheels 18x9.5 with a +38mm offset. Looking into purchasing a set of 265/35/18 tires. I will be using rear camber kits for the rear.

Looking for an all around great tire. Mainly street driven and will occasionally be tracked. Not much road noise preferred.

Heard great things about the Michelin MP4S as a good option because the AD08R is mainly focused for track use? Trying to find a happy medium, what do you all suggest?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hello all.

Just picked up some wheels 18x9.5 with a +38mm offset. Looking into purchasing a set of 265/35/18 tires. I will be using rear camber kits for the rear.

Looking for an all around great tire. Mainly street driven and will occasionally be tracked. Not much road noise preferred.

Heard great things about the Michelin MP4S as a good option because the AD08R is mainly focused for track use? Trying to find a happy medium, what do you all suggest?

Thanks in advance.
PS4S are good for a mix of street and occasional track use, if you’ll be doing more track than street the Michelin also has Super Cups 2 which leans more towards track oriented, but still can be used in the street (only issue with these are tread life)

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Save a LOT of money and get you some Federal 595RSRR, such a GREAT value that you can run sticky tires all the time!

OP
OP

1slowCTR

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Save a LOT of money and get you some Federal 595RSRR, such a GREAT value that you can run sticky tires all the time!
I was looking at these! How are they in the rain? Do you have them?

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I was looking at these! How are they in the rain? Do you have them?
Yes I have them, in 265/35/18 but I don't have much rain experience with them, IMO they work as well as the stock Contis and my old Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s in the rain but I have never tried to push the envelope in the rain since my car can spin 'em in 3rd when dry out.

OP
OP

1slowCTR

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I have them, in 265/35/18 but I don't have much rain experience with them, IMO they work as well as the stock Contis and my old Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s in the rain but I have never tried to push the envelope in the rain since my car can spin 'em in 3rd when dry out.
I have great things about the Indy 500s. Is it an aggressive ride? I’m typically in R or sport mode. A lot of road noise? I always felt like the Federals 595RSRR’s were definitely catered to track use.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have great things about the Indy 500s. Is it an aggressive ride? I’m typically in R or sport mode. A lot of road noise? I always felt like the Federals 595RSRR’s were definitely catered to track use.
I really enjoy the Indy 500s but they are not sticky enough for track performance. Don't get me wrong, they will work fine but I needed more grip. On the street they are an unbeatable value IMO.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I have the same wheel specs and will be mounting 255/40-18s on them hopefully later this week. I went with the Michelin PS4S because I use them on my S2000 and had their successor, the PSSs on my old Civic Si and I've been very happy with them. I changed my mind between 265/35 and 255/40 about 100 times, so I'm hoping I'm happy with how they fit.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the same wheel specs and will be mounting 255/40-18s on them hopefully later this week. I went with the Michelin PS4S because I use them on my S2000 and had their successor, the PSSs on my old Civic Si and I've been very happy with them. I changed my mind between 265/35 and 255/40 about 100 times, so I'm hoping I'm happy with how they fit.
Yikes! They (PS4S) are too pricey for me considering the competition.
The 40 series sidewall is going to look pretty tall.
Why did you decide against the 265/35 ?

I love my '05 S2000 too!!!

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yikes! They (PS4S) are too pricey for me considering the competition.
The 40 series sidewall is going to look pretty tall.
Why did you decide against the 265/35 ?

I love my '05 S2000 too!!!
They are pricey, but neither car is driven a whole lot so they last me a few years at least. I'm running Michilin A/S 3+ in 245/40-18 on my winter set currently and I'm happy with the way they look. I feel like the 265/35 looks just a tad small and I didn't like that it effectively lowers the drive ratio to the ground versus stock. The 255/40s are actually closer to stock circumference (+5mm vs -13mm on 265/35) and I have no plans to lower the car so I didn't want to add any additional wheel gap. Trust me, it's hard for me justify either over the other, hence my indicision. I also saved $100 going with 255/40, so that helped sway my decision.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OHHHH OK. I understand you completely.
Fender gap is reason enough for me :) then add the $100.00 savings and it becomes clear. I use Swifts so I have no fender gap concerns and decided I wanted the lower drive ratio for more torque at the wheel and quicker acceleration.

OP
OP

1slowCTR

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They are pricey, but neither car is driven a whole lot so they last me a few years at least. I'm running Michilin A/S 3+ in 245/40-18 on my winter set currently and I'm happy with the way they look. I feel like the 265/35 looks just a tad small and I didn't like that it effectively lowers the drive ratio to the ground versus stock. The 255/40s are actually closer to stock circumference (+5mm vs -13mm on 265/35) and I have no plans to lower the car so I didn't want to add any additional wheel gap. Trust me, it's hard for me justify either over the other, hence my indicision. I also saved $100 going with 255/40, so that helped sway my decision.
Indeed. Pricey indeed. But ridiculously awesome quality and one heck of a tire. Currently looking at simpletire.com. Seem to have some decent prices.

Fender gap is reason enough for me :) then add the $100.00 savings and it becomes clear. I use Swifts so I have no fender gap concerns and decided I wanted the lower drive ratio for more torque at the wheel and quicker acceleration.
I messaged you. Curious on you helping me out with something.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I'm tuned on flex fuel and will be FBO in the next couple weeks, so more torque at the wheel was not what I was after. Hard enough to hold traction as it is and it's already pretty silly with my all-seasons. Wish I could lower it because it looks great but I have clearance issues at stock height with the roads around here.

OP
OP

1slowCTR

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Out of curiosity.

Would y’all prefer Hankook V12 EVO2 or Falken Azenis FK510?

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Out of curiosity.

Would y’all prefer Hankook V12 EVO2 or Falken Azenis FK510?
I had the Evo2s on another car and was very unimpressed with them. I haven't tried the FK510s, but they seem to be a great tire, maybe even better than the Indy 500s which I just got on my FA5 (I like them so far, but wish I looked into the FK510s before purchasing). They have better overall performance metrics and are much better in the wet according to Tire Rack, but I'm concerned with their ability to withstand track use with it's tread pattern being divided into such small blocks. The Indy 500s seem to last pretty long with light track use. But yeah, I would steer very clear of the Evo2s.
Sponsored