Am I the only one? (CVT related)

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am i the only one who feels an initial lag from a stop? (1.5 turbo)
Sponsored

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes there is some turbo lag. That is all caused by Turbo, not the CVT

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@gtman I was hesitant about the CVT when I first got mine but I enjoy it. It has a little engine break when in 'D'rive. When in 'S'port mode there is way more engine breaking and I love it.

coolcaferacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura RSX, 2015 Honda Fit, 2016 Honda Civic touring, 2016 Acura MDX
I read a few comments regarding the new Civic not having paddle shifters, I've taken two coupes for test rides and they both had paddle shifters. This is one of the reasons why I ordered one. My 2014 EX-L Accord had paddles and even my 2015 Fit has them. They make driving a CVT fun!!!

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I read a few comments regarding the new Civic not having paddle shifters, I've taken two coupes for test rides and they both had paddle shifters. This is one of the reasons why I ordered one. My 2014 EX-L Accord had paddles and even my 2015 Fit has them. They make driving a CVT fun!!!
Canadian version has them. US does not.

Helix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX-L coup
I believe there is some engine braking, probably more in sport mode.
I turn off eco mode and go into sport.
I don't think the "s" means sport mode, taken from the owners manual I copied "Drive (S): Used for better acceleration, increased engine braking, or driving in hilly terrain." This model civic just isn't a sports car as much as it looks like one! I read somewhere that someone thought they were having problems with their cvt after driving the majority of time in "s" just my opinion but I woulnt drive it like a sports car in "s" I'd stick to what the owners manual advises "s" is used for.

Ant918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I've begun to actually enjoy regular "D" moreso than "S". The S for me is very rubber bandy feeling and reminds me exactly of my old car which I hated, D is much smoother in my opinion. The CVT is an acquired taste though, you have to get used to not hearing/feeling the gears change but realize that your speed is still climbing. If you give it some throttle you'll be going 80 mph quicker than you realize lol.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think the "s" means sport mode, taken from the owners manual I copied "Drive (S): Used for better acceleration, increased engine braking, or driving in hilly terrain." This model civic just isn't a sports car as much as it looks like one! I read somewhere that someone thought they were having problems with their cvt after driving the majority of time in "s" just my opinion but I woulnt drive it like a sports car in "s" I'd stick to what the owners manual advises "s" is used for.
"S" actually is sport mode. It doesn't have to be a sports car, to have a sport mode. I went through some hilly winding roads in my 14 in sport mode, and it was pretty fun. A little extra RPM sometimes isn't going to hurt the car at all. Keeps the engine in a sweet spot for spirited driving.
Sponsored