All power windows and locks not working

lasagna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hey all, new to the forum, joined because I need help with this issue. Sorry if I am breaking any rules. Thanks in advance!

Basically, all my windows and door locks are not responsive when I use my door control panel.

Model: 2018 Honda Civic Hatchback

I had left my card for less than a minute to pick up something, I had left my moonroof open half way since I was just going to return in a flash. I entered my car and closed my door. Turned on the engine and went to roll my windows down, but they didn't respond along with the rest of these findings:
  • all windows do not respond when i try to roll windows down with the switches from any door panel
  • window lock button also does not do anything
  • lock button does not lock or unlock any door
  • moonroof control also does not do anything (stuck in half open position)
  • side window adjustment controls DO work correctly
  • door panel back light does not work.
  • I can unlock my doors using the door handle sensor
  • I can lock my doors with my key remote
  • I canNOT unlock my doors with the key remote (except my drivers door)
  • I cannot roll my windows down with the key remote nor the key blade in the door slot
I am guessing this is an electrical issue, I tried pulling some fuses but nothing seems to be blown to me so far (if this might be a fuse issue, would appreciate direction in which fuses to check).

It started to rain today with my roof open lol. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!!
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
My gut feeling is that the security system wasn't happy with the partially open sunroof. I cannot explain the logic other than to say that there have been many software-related 'gremlins' and 'bugs' associated with the door locks, auto locking system, etc.

My bare bones LX coupe (with an actual key) will sometimes lock the doors on it's own after I close the trunk. Most posts that I have read advise to simply learn the bugs and try to work around them.

The easiest thing to try, IMO, is (dramatic pause)... reset/reboot the system(s).

Good luck.

OP
OP

lasagna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
Country flag
I had it taken to the Honda Service Center...
According to them a cable fell out in the driver's seat door that disconnected everything. Must have happened from closing the door too hard maybe?
Anyways they fixed it by opening the door panel and plugging it back in.
Thanks all~

DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Thanks for the update, might help someone in the future. Glad you got everything sorted out.
Sponsored