redline7500

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I am looking at upgrading to a cat back exhaust system that has a valvetronic switch and does not drone on highway driving.
Could you please give me your experience or recommendations?
Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I am looking at upgrading to a cat back exhaust system that has a valvetronic switch and does not drone on highway driving.
Could you please give me your experience or recommendations?
Thank you in advance!
Do you have a catless downpipe /frontpipe combo yet?

OP
OP

redline7500

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
i do not have either. I currently have stock exhaust. I want to keep cat in place to avoid losing warranty.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
i do not have either. I currently have stock exhaust. I want to keep cat in place to avoid losing warranty.
I ask because power wise the downpipe and frontpipe are the major restrictions - the stock catback does an amazing job of keeping the rasp and drone away while making big power.

I made 547whp/436wtq with the stock exhaust and kept it very smooth tone wise - 0 drone.

Most of these valved exhausts are like 3k so it's quite a bit of money for essentially something you don't need. Once you go downpipe/frontpipe you get more volume and deeper tone without excessive rasp or sound that attracts unwanted attention.

It's your car tho - I'm running a 3" greddy HG and although it's one of the quieter systems on the market my dp/fp combo make it pretty loud on WOT - miss my stock exhaust alot 😆

The_STIG

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R-39464
Country flag
I am running the Titanium Ballade Sports Prototype exhaust and it has NO drone. On the highway cruising it is not loud and you can carry normal conversations with windows open just fine.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hopefully there will be some more - and better - sound clips of the various options. I have listened to all the posts I could find, but nothing...wait for it....'resonated' with me.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Sequence mfg exhaust. Literally the best exhaust you can get for the car. Titanium, Valved, no drone even catless, quieter than stock off of boost and rowdy when on boost

KCCTR2020

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda CTR, 2010 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I ask because power wise the downpipe and frontpipe are the major restrictions - the stock catback does an amazing job of keeping the rasp and drone away while making big power.

I made 547whp/436wtq with the stock exhaust and kept it very smooth tone wise - 0 drone.
Interesting to hear this about the DP/FP are the major restriction and can work with the stock exhaust. Thanks for the heads up on this

OP
OP

redline7500

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Most of these valved exhausts are like 3k so it's quite a bit of money for essentially something you don't need. Once you go downpipe/frontpipe you get more volume and deeper tone without excessive rasp or sound that attracts unwanted attention.

It's your car tho - I'm running a 3" greddy HG and although it's one of the quieter systems on the market my dp/fp combo make it pretty loud on WOT - miss my stock exhaust alot 😆

OP
OP

redline7500

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the info! Just so I unerstand correctly. You only replaced front pipe and down pipe and left the stock cat and exhaust, correct? What other mods did you do to get 547whp?

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Thanks for the info! Just so I unerstand correctly. You only replaced front pipe and down pipe and left the stock cat and exhaust, correct? What other mods did you do to get 547whp?
..a lot. lol @speedyserg car is a beast.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag

You can listen to the exhaust in this video - includes a little freeway pull and then a low speed street pull at the start T the video. This was my old p600 setup

This is the dyno video

That's part 2 of a full day of install and dyno tune on my p600/fuel system upgrade from my FBO (minus exhaust) setup on e30 which is part 1.

I'm on a 3" greddy HG system now and PK will be releasing an update video on my current setup in car and from the outside. The dyno video of my stock exhaust shows how quiet the car is even with catless dp/fp combo - miss it alot

OP
OP

redline7500

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
That is an insane amount of power for a 2.0L engine. Great job. Im sure you have a big smile on when driving it!
I have installed a JB4 plug and play tuner. That has produced about 40 whp on 93 octane gas and stock turbo. If I installed the FP/DP com as you previously suggested how much power gains would you think I could expect? Thanks
Sponsored