First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love my 2020 CTR shift knob. It’s weighted and to me that helps makes the shifting feel. It’s tough to get in Canada but I ordered it through ICB Motorsports.
Sponsored

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Really awesome posts. In reverse logic, I'm thinking that the SI shift knob would fit the Type-R shift assembly without concern...
I am looking into performing the Type-R shifter swap with my SI. Besides shorter throw do you notice any other differences?
Many people on the forum complain of the crunch or action of the SI shifter but I enjoy it actually. That Click-Click when shifting gears is satisfying. Do you find the same action with the Type-R shift assembly?
Also, everyone mentions the Acuity upgrades, any recommendations on which to get?
Thanks for sharing!

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Is there a video anywhere showing the install? I'm looking at the stock piece and there would be a lot of guts to swap over to the shift assembly. How much of the SI shifter swaps over? Thanks!!!
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Type R OEM Shift Knob.. typer

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Can't get to youtube from work, but there's a plethora of youtube vids on installing acuity in 10th gen. It's a direct swap, no guts.

OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really awesome posts. In reverse logic, I'm thinking that the SI shift knob would fit the Type-R shift assembly without concern...
I am looking into performing the Type-R shifter swap with my SI. Besides shorter throw do you notice any other differences?
Many people on the forum complain of the crunch or action of the SI shifter but I enjoy it actually. That Click-Click when shifting gears is satisfying. Do you find the same action with the Type-R shift assembly?
Also, everyone mentions the Acuity upgrades, any recommendations on which to get?
Thanks for sharing!
I'm considering all of these for my stock Si shifter assembly. I prefer the height of mine with the 2020 Type R shift knob so these should tighten things up and shorten the shift throw just enough for my liking..

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Type R OEM Shift Knob.. Screenshot_20200927-155024_Chrome

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Type R OEM Shift Knob.. Screenshot_20200927-155048_Chrome

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Type R OEM Shift Knob.. Screenshot_20200927-155103_Chrome

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Couple notes:

-Would get the acuity cable bushings, they rotate and help binding/longevity of cable life (iirc)
-Perrin lockout helps with even gear clunk but won't feel any different, but you can also eliminate that (if you have it) with zipties ala the acuity youtube vids. Worth a try before spending $76.50

You're basically just doing the Acuity stage 2 for non-fk8

OP
OP
SuperMotoManDRZ

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Couple notes:

-Would get the acuity cable bushings, they rotate and help binding/longevity of cable life (iirc)
-Perrin lockout helps with even gear clunk but won't feel any different, but you can also eliminate that (if you have it) with zipties ala the acuity youtube vids. Worth a try before spending $76.50

You're basically just doing the Acuity stage 2 for non-fk8
Yessir.. that's the plan. I'm definitely still on the fence about the cable lock. That would be one of the last ones I would get if I even do. At least see what all the other ones do for it first.

I'll look into the Acuity bushings over the Perrins for sure. Those were just the first that I saw and put on my mods list. Thanks for the tip!

Also looking to go with this as well.. for a complete shifting upgrade experience.. I did a similar conversion on my RSX Type S that I'm currently fully restoring and it was night and day difference..

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Type R OEM Shift Knob.. 20201020_060546

FYI.. If you're looking at restoring a good condition Acura RSX Type S.. be willing to spend 10k plus and the cost of the car.. most of the cost went to OEM replacement parts and some tasteful period correct aftermarket upgrades (doing all the labor myself, except for paint).. AND still have around 5k+ to make it fully mint condition. I'm guesstimating it to be in the 20k range when complete.. fml this hobby is expensive lol

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I have the S2K titanium shift knob, 08U92-S2A-100. I think it's slightly heavier than the 2020 CTR stock knob and the titanium feels super smooth in the hand. Took away some of the notchiness of 1->2 and 2->3 shifts.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Type R OEM Shift Knob.. 1603249583071

Last edited:

TPDxSI

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone interested in trading me one of these for my black Acuity Poco knob + cash on my end?

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Does the '20 CTR knob not get hot like the OEM Si knob? My OEM Si knob is like a branding iron after sitting in this south GA sun.

icemansi

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Fit Sport
Country flag
Awesome thread. Going to order my type r knob soon!
Sponsored