ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
update: I finally got my car from the Baltimore City Police. 32 days after it happened. 26 days since they originally said I could have the car. it is now at a shop waiting for the insurance adjuster to be able to get a REAL look at it. as was said in a previous reply - rental was for 30 days. so now I am going to use my moms 2014 civic. I hope y'all never have to deal with this sort of thing. dealing with the city on many levels/ departments has been amazingly frustrating. and I am incurring many unexpected costs due to no fault of my own- other than owning a nice car. any way- i'll post when something happens with repairs or write off... I'm sure they will want to repair the car.
Sponsored

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Most people don't realize what could take place when a car is stolen. I see comments such as "let them steal it, I have insurance". They somehow think they will just automatically get a new car in a couple of days. It usually doesn't play out that way.

That could happen if your car is promptly recovered & burnt to the ground & if you have the title (depending on the state) & if you don't owe any money & if you get the a check quickly from the insurance company & it hopefully covers the cost of a replacement car.

And of course insurance premiums increase because insurance companies don't operate at a loss.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most people don't realize what could take place when a car is stolen. I see comments such as "let them steal it, I have insurance". They somehow think they will just automatically get a new car in a couple of days. It usually doesn't play out that way.

That could happen if your car is promptly recovered & burnt to the ground & if you have the title (depending on the state) & if you don't owe any money & if you get the a check quickly from the insurance company & it hopefully covers the cost of a replacement car.

And of course insurance premiums increase because insurance companies don't operate at a loss.
It's still not worth risking your life for a car

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
It's still not worth risking your life for a car
I agree & never said it was. But some people seem careless & don't care about protecting their property against the relay attack theft method of stealing cars.

OP
OP
ts13

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I agree & never said it was. But some people seem careless & don't care about protecting their property against the relay attack theft method of stealing cars.
I just got a "Faraday" bag for my fob for when I get the car back. I did not realize this was a thing - relay/ signal boosting- until very recently.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
If you don't have your CC get it. You don't get lucky twice.
a C weapon would not have helped him, it might have even got him hurt or worse. They came up on him quick with gun in hand, so unless he was quick draw Mcgraw, better they took the car than his life. The NRA have all you guys punked

novadrive

a C weapon would not have helped him, it might have even got him hurt or worse. They came up on him quick with gun in hand, so unless he was quick draw Mcgraw, better they took the car than his life. The NRA have all you guys punked
What does the NRA have to do with being prepared to defend yourself and your property? Truthfully I don't expect you to understand or respect the concept of freedom living in California but your argument doesn't make sense. The fact of the matter is that if you are being targeted and you live in a high crime area you should have the proper means to defend yourself. Not every criminal will let you go just because you gave them your car, some shoot regardless. If you would like to be a statistic then god bless and I wish you the best of luck.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let's all go back to the Wild West days, and everybody can be packing. Sounds logical, right? :rolleyes1: Whoever is quickest on the draw rules the day.

novadrive

Let's all go back to the Wild West days, and everybody can be packing. Sounds logical, right? :rolleyes1: Whoever is quickest on the draw rules the day.
Defending yourself != Shooting everything that moves

Let's wait 30 minutes for the cops to show up instead of saving my own life. Sounds logical right?

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apparently it's filled with mouth breathers. :popcorn:

novadrive

Apparently it's filled with mouth breathers. :popcorn:
Sorry I was just being pissy now your post doesn't have context. I do find it interesting that it's the same type of people that revert to name calling rather than reason.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry I was just being pissy now your post doesn't have context. I do find it interesting that it's the same type of people that revert to name calling rather than reason.
It doesn't have context because you removed your original comment. :rofl:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
What does the NRA have to do with being prepared to defend yourself and your property? Truthfully I don't expect you to understand or respect the concept of freedom living in California but your argument doesn't make sense. The fact of the matter is that if you are being targeted and you live in a high crime area you should have the proper means to defend yourself. Not every criminal will let you go just because you gave them your car, some shoot regardless. If you would like to be a statistic then god bless and I wish you the best of luck.
Ha ha ha that's funny, you let some organization that gets money from gun companies and is completely corrupt and proven to enrich themselves on their members money brainwash you into thinking carrying guns around is a solution and call yourself free. LOL, LOL, LOL. I own three guns, but I'm not some chicken shit who needs to carry them around, and I'm not going to shoot some guy over stealing my car or property that can be replaced. Stop listening to Faux news

Now back to topic.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Defending yourself != Shooting everything that moves

Let's wait 30 minutes for the cops to show up instead of saving my own life. Sounds logical right?
I didn't mention anything about cops, or calls to them, etc.

novadrive

I see that this is going to turn into a lefty gang party so I will see myself out. Enjoy your echo chamber.
Sponsored