2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe First Sighting!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I think the Si rollout will be complete by March - coupe, hatch and sedan. If they stagger the releases, I suspect we'll see the first variant arrive pretty soon.
When I saw March, I was referring to the TypeR not the Si... but that would be awesome too!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't we already know the CTR is May 2017 per Honda and HPJ?
Yeah I think the most 'official' thing we have heard is Spring. We can probably guess at May since it's obviously a spring month... but I mean technically the end of March is too right? haha! So sooner the better for me.

Not so much that I need a new car, just want to have it a couple weeks before grad school graduation because I'm petty like that! I'd also love to have it in time for FnF8 premiere night.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
I think the Si rollout will be complete by March - coupe, hatch and sedan. If they stagger the releases, I suspect we'll see the first variant arrive pretty soon.
Hopefully tomorrow you'll get the news you've been waiting for. We may finally see what body styles the Si will be available in.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Ok, for some reason I thought we had May somewhat-definitively established - thanks for the corrections.

I doubt we'll hear about the CR-V tomorrow - last we saw that, it was still in camo. I would predict that if this announcement is model-related, it'll be something new about the CTR, or (more likely) Si-related. #FingersCrossed

I do need a new car, and the sooner the better. I hope I can keep my Accord limping along until the Si shows up.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
We know the CTR is spring 2017, per Honda. We also know the Si will come out before the CTR, also per Honda. Logically, I think we're talking winter 2017, with a possible early release in late 2016.
Let's hope so but I quit holding my breath a long time ago. It's just stunning that we still don't even know what motor will be in the Si.

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Whelp, two dealers called me yesterday and I asked them if they had any news on the si. Seems like even they are left in the dark. They said they would email me as soon as they get word.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Whelp, two dealers called me yesterday and I asked them if they had any news on the si. Seems like even they are left in the dark. They said they would email me as soon as they get word.
This is the same everywhere man. Heck I was standing on the Honda lot a day or two after the Hatch was officially for sale and sales was telling me they probably weren't making a hatch... I was like huh? Then the next guy I talked to said we probably wouldn't see any MT hatches for a while if ever. Again I was like HUH? Then, as they try to cross-sell me on a sedan and I shoot them down saying 'nope I'm holding out for the Type R,' they tell me I might have to wait until well into 2018. I'm again LIKE HUH?!
One dealer I went to visit, which had 3 hatches in stock according to their online store, told me they weren't getting them for a month.
I try not to come off as the prick but I do drop some knowledge on them sometimes and that feels pretty good.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Pretty sad that this is the face of the manufacture. Unfortunately, this is true for most car lines.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Reactions: JYR

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the same everywhere man. Heck I was standing on the Honda lot a day or two after the Hatch was officially for sale and sales was telling me they probably weren't making a hatch... I was like huh? Then the next guy I talked to said we probably wouldn't see any MT hatches for a while if ever. Again I was like HUH? Then, as they try to cross-sell me on a sedan and I shoot them down saying 'nope I'm holding out for the Type R,' they tell me I might have to wait until well into 2018. I'm again LIKE HUH?!
One dealer I went to visit, which had 3 hatches in stock according to their online store, told me they weren't getting them for a month.
I try not to come off as the prick but I do drop some knowledge on them sometimes and that feels pretty good.
Could't help but laugh at your post haha, "like HUH"

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
190hp 180lbs/ft through a cvt, looks good on us if it's the same unit.
Sponsored