CoryBuck01

First Name
Cory Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 2.0L Coupe
Country flag
Wondering how much everyone has done with mods on this model. I am painting new bumpers on front on back. Wife accidentally bumped in the the front then another day hit the back bumper pretty good. Working on putting fog driving lights in the front bottom inserts. Put smoke side markers and smoked led reflectors in the lower rear bumper. Also putting in blue led Civic door stills in. Little at a time. Love to hear what other have done with this model. I wished I has bought a manual but I am 6'5" that might have been pushing it to have room to shift😂

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX Coupe 2.0L 20230602_100918
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I struggled with the black stick-on stuff for the silver/chrome trim. Ultimately I accepted (the chrome) and embraced it. I like my car to look good. But I'm not a "hey... look at me" person. The wheels had to go, though. I ended up buying smoked Honda 17" wheels and I've been happy.

If yours is the LX and *not* the LX-P; you should be able to swap the head unit for something more powerful. It's a lot more complicated in the higher trim levels.

I had a manual for a short time. But Honda's rev hang and clutch delay thingy managed to take the fun right out of it for me.

Eco mode, for me, makes the CVT a bit more predictable and less 'CVT quirky'. Pull the shifter into 'S' for quick starts and initial acceleration (from a stop). Then shift to 'D'. It works for me.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Should send your wife back to driving school before anything else.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Should send your wife back to driving school before anything else.
That would be good preventative maintenance for his bumpers for sure. ;):drive:

OP
OP
CoryBuck01

CoryBuck01

First Name
Cory Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 2.0L Coupe
Country flag
Yep. She had a lot going on that month. Mentally she was drained. I wasn't happy about it but after 20 years of marriage I will give her a little grace. Hopefully the bumpers will turn out good. I am taking my time on them.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. She had a lot going on that month. Mentally she was drained. I wasn't happy about it but after 20 years of marriage I will give her a little grace. Hopefully the bumpers will turn out good. I am taking my time on them.
Hey man, we've all had those mental lapses where we've accidentally messed up our cars. She's only human right?

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The coupes don't have illuminated door sills from Honda unfortunately, if you do manage to find one your going to have to get creative with the wiring to get past the Weatherseal.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I struggled with the black stick-on stuff for the silver/chrome trim. Ultimately I accepted (the chrome) and embraced it. I like my car to look good. But I'm not a "hey... look at me" person. The wheels had to go, though. I ended up buying smoked Honda 17" wheels and I've been happy.

If yours is the LX and *not* the LX-P; you should be able to swap the head unit for something more powerful. It's a lot more complicated in the higher trim levels.

I had a manual for a short time. But Honda's rev hang and clutch delay thingy managed to take the fun right out of it for me.

Eco mode, for me, makes the CVT a bit more predictable and less 'CVT quirky'. Pull the shifter into 'S' for quick starts and initial acceleration (from a stop). Then shift to 'D'. It works for me.
Get some window visors that stick to the chrome so the chrome is covered up. These are what I have. They are a 6 piece set, which is important because they cover the chrome on the c-pillar (the small window behind the rear door.) https://www.ebay.com/itm/1822229084...624&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The coupes don't have illuminated door sills from Honda unfortunately, if you do manage to find one your going to have to get creative with the wiring to get past the Weatherseal.

Here is video from mr badass himself. Might be in Polish.

Savannah@TSP

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
'23 Si, '20 FC4 (sold)
Country flag

aegean_fc4

First Name
Shavida
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX-P coupe
Country flag

I have the LX-P and I swapped my head unit just fine

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic LX Coupe 2.0L 70837734988__5BA2F255-FC6D-4780-95C8-67FDCD032C9F

moonwhey

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT Sedan
Country flag
Got the MT sedan version of your car, and have been looking into putting fog light inserts as well. Let me know how that goes!

So far I've done:
-New tires and wheels (Konig Lockouts, 17")
-Window Trim and Front Grille Chrome Deletes (I bought some gloss black vinyl and diy'ed with a hair dryer, was a bit rough but looks good from a distance. Was a fun learning experience)
- Acuity shifter base bushings
- AEM Cold Air intake (got it off of a guy who just sold his 2.0L for a type r for relatively cheap, it's not to noisy and has improved throttle response for me)
-About to put some clear side markers on as well

I'd recommend either chrome deleting the window trims/grille or buying a black grille (wrapping is a pain). IMO the black accents look very sleek on the Metallic Steel, and is pretty cheap if you're doing just wrapping. Would also compliment your smoked side lights as well!