2.0 NA

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I think Honda has detuned the IVTEC 2.0 NA in the interest of gas mileage. The engine is probably capable of 170 hp.b Does this sound plausible?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Vehicle Showcase
I think Honda has detuned the IVTEC 2.0 NA in the interest of gas mileage. The engine is probably capable of 170 hp.b Does this sound plausible?
Yeah for sure, someone on here pointed out a while back that if they had tuned it more aggressively and made similar power to the 1.5T, less people would opt for the turbo.

Plus with a reflash the i-vtec is tuned properly, and it feels stronger. Never bothered with the 1.5T so idk how similar.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
had the 2.0 MT and now have the 1.5MT. mod the vtec parameters and it should be close enough that it only maters in a race or numbers comp.

Reactions: 18k

CEXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX Turbo
Country flag
Every car is technically "detuned" for gas mileage. You can tune any car for more power if gas mileage (and octane rating) were not a consideration.
Cars are also "detuned" for cost savings. Do you think the intake and exhaust is optimized for power or cost?
I think 170hp is possible with bolt-ons and tune, but I heard the CVT in the 2.0 is weaker than the 1.5T, so if you have a CVT and are approaching turbo power (which some people say is possible), this may not bode well for the CVT. MT won't have any problems

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even if you do tune the 2.0, how do you get that sweet turbo whistle?

You'd have to do something like this :thumbsdown::

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
So what are you say? The 2.0 is better?
It potentially could be better, but you will have to sink in a cash pile to get it on par. Most people avoid doing this cause it's not the smart way to go about it. And I'm sorry but cvts can suck it. They blow. Only good for stock power pretty much.

saiyan1485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan Manual
It potentially could be better, but you will have to sink in a cash pile to get it on par. Most people avoid doing this cause it's not the smart way to go about it. And I'm sorry but cvts can suck it. They blow. Only good for stock power pretty much.
Yeah but i enjoy putting money into my car. But i do understand where you're coming from.

Blueciv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
At the very least I would get the ktuner v2.
I'll be scooping that up
Sponsored