Better Overall

• Total voters

Zerostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit, Honda CR-V
Country flag
What do you guys think would sound better the mid-level 180 watt 8 speaker sound system with a compact under the seat subwoofer such as the 150 watt Kenwood KSC-SW11 or the higher end touring sound systems with the oem sub?
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Depends on how it's tuned and whether you changed any other speakers.

My upper-trim system doesn't play as nicely loud as the simple bridged-over-a-2x50W-amp system I had fifteen years ago, but it's really not bad at all for what I listen to these days.

cestjoel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
What do you guys think would sound better the mid-level 180 watt 8 speaker sound system with a compact under the seat subwoofer such as the 150 watt Kenwood KSC-SW11 or the higher end touring sound systems with the oem sub?
I would go this route. If you’re getting the Touring just for the sound system, you’re better off saving that money and getting a full after market upgrade and still have money left over.

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
It's probably pretty close. one of the reasons I bought the sport touring was for a stereo that I wouldn't have to upgrade, but it looks like I will have to do something about it. :doh:

It sounds pretty good to me up over half volume, it just seems like the subwoofer only turns on after it reaches half volume, until then almost no low-end to speak of.

and realistically I don't listen to my music turned up that loud all the time. I don't particularly want to be deaf by the time I'm 40. I just want balanced audio all the way through the volume setting.
Sponsored