16' EXT Coupe no start

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
Major problems here. Evey warning light is on. Remote start isn't working ( didn't work yesterday either and the car still started) I'm kinda at a lose only 800 miles on it. The screen wouldn't turn on then I managed to get this out of it wanting me to punch in a code ? E-brake light is flashing. Then just now the lights were randomly flashing. Looking like this one will be going to the dealer.

Honda Civic 10th gen 16' EXT Coupe no start KIMG0079.JPG
Sponsored

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Major problems here. Evey warning light is on. Remote start isn't working ( didn't work yesterday either and the car still started) I'm kinda at a lose only 800 miles on it. The screen wouldn't turn on then I managed to get this out of it wanting me to punch in a code ? E-brake light is flashing. Then just now the lights were randomly flashing. Looking like this one will be going to the dealer.

KIMG0079.JPG
mine was battery related

OP
OP
HMan

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
mine was battery related
Not too long after I posted this the battery just gave out completely. I pulled it and put it on the charger. I laughed as I was pulling it, it says 100 month warranty lol. We will see if a full charge fixes it. Its going to the dealer either way.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not too long after I posted this the battery just gave out completely. I pulled it and put it on the charger. I laughed as I was pulling it, it says 100 month warranty lol. We will see if a full charge fixes it. Its going to the dealer either way.
sounds about right lol, mine gave out just over 36k warranty, called Honda roadside and they still covered it. it held the charge.. don't know why it died in the first place, hasnt done it since.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably has a bad cell in it.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have an Acura that had a relatively new battery that went dead one day. Headlights turned into strobe lights. LOL I charged it and everything was fine. Brought to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong. Battery tested good. Hasn't happened since. They told me that some of the electronics in the car stay on for up to 20 minutes after turning the car off. It's possible one of them forgot to shut off and drained the battery.

OP
OP
HMan

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
I have an Acura that had a relatively new battery that went dead one day. Headlights turned into strobe lights. LOL I charged it and everything was fine. Brought to the dealer and they could not find anything wrong. Battery tested good. Hasn't happened since. They told me that some of the electronics in the car stay on for up to 20 minutes after turning the car off. It's possible one of them forgot to shut off and drained the battery.
Full battery no change. Doing what was doing before. Won't even come out of accessory mode now... Can't turn it off at all. Had to just pull the terminal off so I could manually lock the door even. Aggravating. Never had a problem like this with a new car or even a used car in the past 20 years. So looks like it's going back to the dealer. Can't figure this one out. Can't even get the head unit to come on.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Full battery no change. Doing what was doing before. Won't even come out of accessory mode now... Can't turn it off at all. Had to just pull the terminal off so I could manually lock the door even. Aggravating. Never had a problem like this with a new car or even a used car in the past 20 years. So looks like it's going back to the dealer. Can't figure this one out. Can't even get the head unit to come on.
Oh, man. That stinks. At least it's under warranty and they should be able to figure out it easily. Let us know what they find.

OP
OP
HMan

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
Oh, man. That stinks. At least it's under warranty and they should be able to figure out it easily. Let us know what they find.
I'll let you all know what happens the car just got towed to the dealer.

OP
OP
HMan

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
So apparently they threw the battery on the charger let it sit overnight and it's all good... I'm skeptical. They asked me if I left something on... I didn't . So idk but, it's running and I started... All good.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So apparently they threw the battery on the charger let it sit overnight and it's all good... I'm skeptical. They asked me if I left something on... I didn't . So idk but, it's running and I started... All good.
They tried to blame it on me by telling me I must have left something on, too.

But, I wonder why it didn't work after you charged it? Did you charge it while the battery was connected? If so, did you try leaving the battery disconnected for 10 minutes before trying it again? That would reset the computer.

OP
OP
HMan

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
They tried to blame it on me by telling me I must have left something on, too.

But, I wonder why it didn't work after you charged it? Did you charge it while the battery was connected? If so, did you try leaving the battery disconnected for 10 minutes before trying it again? That would reset the computer.
I pulled the battery to charge it... Same result. Beats me.

OP
OP
HMan

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
I pulled the battery to charge it... Same result. Beats me.
Something is going on they probably just don't have an answer. I tend to think it takes awhile for the car to realize it has a full charge within the computer after throwing every code , it did have a low voltage code stored but I know that battery was full, I've used that charger before . Ironic they keep blaming it on the driver's. Weary of the electronic e-brake at this point not sure I'll be using it again unless parked on a hill.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
So what in these cars could you leave on? I thought almost everything shut off automatically....headlights, interior lights (unless the dome light is switched on?)....just curious about it...even my old 06 accord turned off the headlights and dome lights after a while....It may have turned off the stereo too

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So what in these cars could you leave on? I thought almost everything shut off automatically....headlights, interior lights (unless the dome light is switched on?)....just curious about it...even my old 06 accord turned off the headlights and dome lights after a while....It may have turned off the stereo too
It's true. I know the radio shuts off after 30 minutes, which is annoying when I'm working in the garage and want to listen to music. I'm pretty sure the headlights and interior lights turn off automatically, unless maybe you turn the interior light switch to On instead of Auto. (But I haven't tried that yet.)
Sponsored