Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic FK7, 2016 Panamera, 2000 AP1 S2000
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

I've got a very current issue, I'm sitting in the car trying to figure it out right now.

In short, the car doesn't want to start. It isn't the battery or the starter, but it does feel like an electronic issue.
Before turning off the car as I came to park, a bunch of lights came on the dash.
ABS
Brake System
Traction control
Power Steering
Brake Light flashing

At the moment, the car will not engage the parking brake.

This car is an auto to manual swap, however I want to mention that the car has been operating just fine for the last two years. It has an SI transmission and manual hatchback ECU. However this has happened once before, but sort of solved itself. I wasn't able to trouble shoot as the issue just went away.

A couple of questions:
For the FK7 Manual ECU, will the car start in gear, or is there a sensor that detects what gear you're in and prevent you from starting even if the clutch it disengaged?

The red anti-theft light is blinking when I try to crank over the car. Is there a lockout to prevent it from starting if it thinks there was a theft attempt?

Lastly, are there any modules/devices in the car that are designed to prevent it from starting.

My current thought process is:
The car thinks it's in gear and doesn't want to start.
The brake system is freaking out and preventing the car from starting.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Are you able to pull any codes?

If you haven't already, try disconnecting the battery and touching the terminals together for 15sec

Still digging, but these seem to be the only relevant things i can find based on your symptoms

Honda Civic 10th gen No Start Conditions Screenshot_20230322_151527_Chrome

Honda Civic 10th gen No Start Conditions Screenshot_20230322_151958_Chrome

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update:

This was actually a sign of my failing ECU. I was having communication failures between my ECM/PCM. For anyone dealing with this, check over your grounding points first. I think that may have been what killed mine.

OP
OP
Nickthewaffler

Nickthewaffler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you able to pull any codes?

If you haven't already, try disconnecting the battery and touching the terminals together for 15sec

Still digging, but these seem to be the only relevant things i can find based on your symptoms

Screenshot_20230322_151527_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_151958_Chrome.jpg
Sorry for not replying to this, thank you for the research. The immobilizer issue was coming from the ECM/PCM communication failures. More of a symptom of the problem than the actual problem itself.