1 year review of my 2016 EX-T sedan!!

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
Hey guys! So December marks the 1 year anniversary of my beloved CBP EX-T. I figured this would be a great time to reflect on the journey we've taken together and to review the Pros & Cons of this car. Let me know what you guys think.

Baseline
Previously owned cars:
1999 Civic coupe (EJ6) which was stock for the most part, totaled, RIP
2006 Accord SE stock, still running strong 200k+ miles, sold to my pops
2011 Civic Si coupe (FG2) heavily modded, all bolt ons, full suspension mods, Hondata Flashpro, Vittuned, sold!

Current:
2013 CR-V EX, wife's car, all stock, runs like a champ
2016 CBP EX-T sedan (non-sensing) purchased from Honda of Corona, California. The car currently resides with me in Bavaria, Germany since I'm stationed here. I believe I'm the first 10th Gen in Germany NBD :cool:

Modifications:
Exterior
20% ceramic tint
5K DDM HIDs (lows)
Nokya Hyper yellow fogs
iJDMtoy LED conversion turn signals, Front and Rear

Interior
Full Crossfire sound system w/ 10" Crossfire BMF sub
Full iJDMtoy LED swap (cool white)
Broadway convex mirror
And of course dat JDM Treefrog squash air freshener ;)

Future Mods:
Clear sidemarkers
Full LED exterior bulb swap
Front lip
HFP side skirts
2016 Accord sport wheels

Ok lets dive into the Pros/Cons!
Pros
-Better styling than the 9th Gen
-Super quiet ride
-Heated seats
-Heated sideview mirrors
-Keyless entry
-Autostart
-Lanewatch to spy on people
-Better quality interior than previous Hondas
-Torquey 1.5 turbo motor
-THE MPG
-Apple Carplay/Android Auto
-2 USB plugs
-Massive trunk
-All of the above priced at $20.3k

Cons
-Rattle near the front passenger door like a week after I got it
-ANOTHER rattle that came up recently near the driver's door!
-Windows fog up faster than usual
-HU constantly beeping at first but has been fixed by lowering the screen sensitivity
-Mediocre tires
-MPG not as good as advertised
-Weird system failure that has caused my car to stall on the AUTOBAHN!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Now, before you say anything about the rattles, I know this isn't a Lexus and I shouldn't expect luxury level build BUT my 2013 CRV has zero rattles. NONE. My previous Hondas didn't have rattles this quickly either! For just over $20k I expect some rattles but not a week after I just bought it. I'll investigate further when I decide to sound dampen my car. So the complete system failure/engine stall scared the shit outta me the first time it happened but I managed to pinpoint the issue to the AUTO headlight feature. It may have to do with the HIDs but this did not happen when I first installed them. I've also read that others have been experiencing the same issue on the forums. I purchased LEDs to see if this will fix it. Stay tuned! The sound system I installed is night and day over the stock audio. I know I could have upgraded with the touring but I didn't see much value for the increase of several thousand dollars. Overall, I'd give this car an 8.5/10. The car drives and feels like a more expensive car which is awesome!

Anyways, let me know what you guys think of your cars! Are you guys having any issues? Are you satisfied as I am with your purchase? I plan on keeping this car for a long time and maybe even modding her even more if the wifey allows it :).

TL;DR
Great bang for the buck compact car packed with tech and features. Beware of purchasing first year vehicles as your results may vary. (see recalls and TSBs).

Honda Civic 10th gen 1 year review of my 2016 EX-T sedan!! 1sfjhc

My old FG2
Honda Civic 10th gen 1 year review of my 2016 EX-T sedan!! 2s6lb34

Last edited:

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You must get a lot of attention when you drive around!
Do you have german plates on?

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The tires aren't mediocre, they are the cheapest thing Honda could get away with.

I had one fail, actually blow the sidewall in the most absurd circumstance. The replacement cost all of $90. Astoundingly cheap.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've driven the 2016 Coupe & 2017 Sedan (both Touring) enough to say I agree with the majority posted but the CONS with mileage & tires that's understandable or expected. As for your last point, all my current & previous purchases was FIRST YEAR productions. My first purchase was a POS lemon, 1999 Pontiac Grand AM V6.

Risk vs Reward. I'm the type that wants the latest, which explains why this year alone I have bought pretty much every flagship phone. If I have to live with a few Rattles & Squeaks (it does the front seat rubbing against the armrest) just to be the first to own it, I will. Besides, MY2017 Murano has Bose 11-speakers that helps eliminates it and the Civic has 12-speakers, so I'm good. :)

Anyways...my take. Two key points Honda nailed with the CivicX. I'm still waiting for my baby to be delivered. :(

First and foremost the 1.5L Turbo, without this I would probably work overtime to buy my 2017 Nissan 370Z, Chicane Yellow Touring Sport, $15k CAN over my budget! LOL

Design. Both interior & exterior especially the Sport Touring Hatchback with the Aero Kit, 18" Wheels and Centre Exhaust. While I do prefer Hatchback over Coupe, these three is what sold me, it's more aggressive which again my type.

OP
OP
micha3lwin

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The tires aren't mediocre, they are the cheapest thing Honda could get away with.

I had one fail, actually blow the sidewall in the most absurd circumstance. The replacement cost all of $90. Astoundingly cheap.
I haven't had too much time with the stock tires since I've switched to my winter setup. Thanks for your input. Sounds like I may purchase new tires for the spring/summer! What did you end up replacing them with?

OP
OP
micha3lwin

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've driven the 2016 Coupe & 2017 Sedan (both Touring) enough to say I agree with the majority posted but the CONS with mileage & tires that's understandable or expected. As for your last point, all my current & previous purchases was FIRST YEAR productions. My first purchase was a POS lemon, 1999 Pontiac Grand AM V6.

Risk vs Reward. I'm the type that wants the latest, which explains why this year alone I have bought pretty much every flagship phone. If I have to live with a few Rattles & Squeaks (it does the front seat rubbing against the armrest) just to be the first to own it, I will. Besides, MY2017 Murano has Bose 11-speakers that helps eliminates it and the Civic has 12-speakers, so I'm good. :)

Anyways...my take. Two key points Honda nailed with the CivicX. I'm still waiting for my baby to be delivered. :(

First and foremost the 1.5L Turbo, without this I would probably work overtime to buy my 2017 Nissan 370Z, Chicane Yellow Touring Sport, $15k CAN over my budget! LOL

Design. Both interior & exterior especially the Sport Touring Hatchback with the Aero Kit, 18" Wheels and Centre Exhaust. While I do prefer Hatchback over Coupe, these three is what sold me, it's more aggressive which again my type.
The 370z is a gorgeous car!! I gotta say I'm on the fence about the hatchback styling because I've only seen it in pictures. I love the fact that you can get it in manual! Congratulations on your new baby. I hope it gets here soon so you can enjoy it :cool:

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
Hey guys! So December marks the 1 year anniversary of my beloved CBP EX-T. I figured this would be a great time to reflect on the journey we've taken together and to review the Pros & Cons of this car. Let me know what you guys think.

Baseline
Previously owned cars:
1999 Civic coupe (EJ6) which was stock for the most part, totaled, RIP
2006 Accord SE stock, still running strong 200k+ miles, sold to my pops
2011 Civic Si coupe (FG2) heavily modded, all bolt ons, full suspension mods, Hondata Flashpro, Vittuned, sold!

Current:
2013 CR-V EX, wife's car, all stock, runs like a champ
2016 CBP EX-T sedan (non-sensing) purchased from Honda of Corona, California. The car currently resides with me in Bavaria, Germany since I'm stationed here. I believe I'm the first 10th Gen in Germany NBD :cool:

Modifications:
Exterior
20% ceramic tint
5K DDM HIDs (lows)
Nokya Hyper yellow fogs
iJDMtoy LED conversion turn signals, Front and Rear

Interior
Full Crossfire sound system w/ 10" Crossfire BMF sub
Full iJDMtoy LED swap (cool white)
Broadway convex mirror
And of course dat JDM Treefrog squash air freshener ;)

Future Mods:
Clear sidemarkers
Full LED exterior bulb swap
Front lip
HFP side skirts
2016 Accord sport wheels

Ok lets dive into the Pros/Cons!
Pros
-Better styling than the 9th Gen
-Super quiet ride
-Heated seats
-Heated sideview mirrors
-Keyless entry
-Autostart
-Lanewatch to spy on people
-Better quality interior than previous Hondas
-Torquey 1.5 turbo motor
-THE MPG
-Apple Carplay/Android Auto
-2 USB plugs
-Massive trunk
-All of the above priced at $20.3k

Cons
-Rattle near the front passenger door like a week after I got it
-ANOTHER rattle that came up recently near the driver's door!
-Windows fog up faster than usual
-HU constantly beeping at first but has been fixed by lowering the screen sensitivity
-Mediocre tires
-MPG not as good as advertised
-Weird system failure that has caused my car to stall on the AUTOBAHN!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
A civic should not rattle, not even a bit, not even used. Does anyone else have this problem on the 2017 versions?
Sponsored