My 2016 EX sedan comparison with my new 2017 EX Hatch

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
First a little background,

I purchased my 2016 EX sedan 2.0 Nov 12th 2015, I now have over 61,000 miles on it and counting. It's my daily commuter.

Last Saturday 9/23/17 I picked up my Aegean Blue EX hatch and it is now my bicycle hauler, long road trip car and backup to my daily commuter.

I have become very accustomed to my sedan and there are a few differences I have noticed so far between the 2, I love them both by he way.

My sedan is not as sporty at the Hatch.
When you get on it in the sedan in "S" mode on the tranny it winds up nicely and with a predictable smooth power curve, nothing spectacular, but it will move once it gets spun up and going.
Very smooth ride and good handling.

When you get on it in the hatch, especially on the freeway passing, you actually get pushed back a slight bit in your seat! Mind you this is my first turbo, so I can't say much in comparison to other turbo's, but compared to my sedan, it is quite a bit more pep in it's step.
I have also owned many motorcycles through the years, both street and dirt and raced quite a bit on my dirt bikes, so I do know what fast really is. Neither of these are anything close to that, they aren't supposed to be. The HP to weight ratio will always be in favor of the bikes.

Interior, basically from the back seats forward they are virtually identical, I like that.
The dual climate control and heated seats (which I will likely never use since I live in Calif) on the hatch are different but that's about the only thing you would notice from the drivers seat.
The drivers side mirror on my sedan has a slight angle to the outside of the mirror with a noticeable line for blind spot on that side. I do not see that on the hatch.

Sound systems are about the same except the hatch has Sirius and the sedan does not.
Also the hatch seems to have the very annoying speed sensitive volume that I haven't had time to find and disable, I can't stand rocking out to a song, get off the freeway and the damn volume goes down!
Also the steering wheel volume control in the sedan is simply a swipe your thumb across it to raise or lower the volume, it seems that the hatch is just push the top or bottom of the button to increase and decrease. I'm looking for a setting that may or may not exist to change that, but I've only had the hatch 5 days and haven't had time to set it up and explore the various setting yet.

I swapped out rims and tires on my sedan shortly after I got it, but I'm liking the stock hatch wheels since they are a little darker and I just like the look. I may get better tires on black Friday when they go on sale, I love the Goodyear comfort touring tires I put on my sedan, they have a 70,000 mile warranty and at 61,000 they are barely showing signs of wear, they handle great and are pretty smooth and quite, I love that!

I will add to this as thread I become more accustomed to my hatch, but suffice to say I love them both!
Sponsored

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
AHHH! I found the SVC setting!!

Honda Civic 10th gen My 2016 EX sedan comparison with my new 2017 EX Hatch SVC.PNG

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

If something on either vehicles makes me angry I will be very cynical I assure you.

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
How much heavier is the Hatch compared to the Sedan? I know for my coupe according to the registration for Kansas is 2850 pounds for the EX-T. I was always curious on the weights of the other Civic models.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much heavier is the Hatch compared to the Sedan? I know for my coupe according to the registration for Kansas is 2850 pounds for the EX-T. I was always curious on the weights of the other Civic models.

EX sedan is 2795 pounds and EX hatch is 2950 pounds

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
Interesting while the Hatch is still heavier like I predicted it probably will be it is also not as heavy as I thought it would be.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Strange thing I noticed, since I had my sedan parked in the garage before I got my hatch, I've noticed that my hatch smells different, I think its because the turbo is so hot, you can actually smell the difference between the 2 vehicles.

Also on start up, my sedan starts normally and easily every time, but my hatch seems to make less noise and start up easier, Kind of strange observation
Sponsored