1.5T Gasoline

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to be similar but I just let everyone go now, they all want to race and be on my ass, so I go slower and piss them off.
haha, i mean i just like accelerating - i dont race much, where i am no one looks at a civic and thinks i wanna race lol - but as far as needing the high octane because im tuned - even when i wasnt i was running premium
Sponsored

OP
OP

ASCIVIC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 EX-T
Continuing the discussion of what do you do with your 1.5T to boost performance, does anyone use an aftermarket air filter? Notice any improvements?

OP
OP

ASCIVIC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 EX-T
I just have a K&N drop in but I can tell it increases acceleration slightly and it does improve MPG. I've always ran K&N.
I know they're pretty easy to change out. Anyone have insight if it messes with lease terms?

kidcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have the prl stage 1 - i only notice more turbo noise

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
What's sport mode? Like the 's' on the gear box of the cvt?
I'm fairly certain it's not the S "gear" on the CVT, but the Sport button that can be found on the Sport/Sport Touring/Si trims.

In contrast, my Touring sedan manual simply states 87 octane or higher; no mentioning of 91 octane.

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I'm fairly certain it's not the S "gear" on the CVT, but the Sport button that can be found on the Sport/Sport Touring/Si trims.

In contrast, my Touring sedan manual simply states 87 octane or higher; no mentioning of 91 octane.
Oh blessed guess I am still good with 87

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
87 all day. Don't waste your money on Super
I bet your car runs like shit. Slow timing, poor acceleration. My car on 93 octane is a night and day difference. It's also the difference between me winning or losing a race too.

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I bet your car runs like shit. Slow timing, poor acceleration. My car on 93 octane is a night and day difference. It's also the difference between me winning or losing a race too.
Maybe also the difference between taking the bus and driving once your license is suspended

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually, it runs great. Thanks for asking.

You have the ST, you have to run Super. Sucks to be you. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Really not that much more expensive, many more smiles per gallon too. Can't justify buying the sedan, looks like a boat.

OP
OP

ASCIVIC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 EX-T

No the S gear on the CVT is the Sport mode. The button is simply just a button so you never have to move the gear stick.

Edit: Just reread the manual, looks like I was wrong. 87 should be fine for this car.
Sponsored

Last edited: