1.5 turbo 6psi long term issues

touringguy17

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' sport touring hatch
Has anyone had any issues since flashing the 1.5 turbo w/CVT with the 6psi map? Really cant find any personal testimony online and I was hoping some one here might know a thing or two?

Also what sort of A/F are you seeing on idle and off throttle, is it normal to see the A/F spike when you come off throttle?

Thanks,
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I been running it for 10months now with no problem. i'm currently 27-28psi now

spike as in leaning out? its normal. if you want to take a datalog of the problem. i can take a quick peak of it

Last edited:

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Has anyone had any issues since flashing the 1.5 turbo w/CVT with the 6psi map? Really cant find any personal testimony online and I was hoping some one here might know a thing or two?

Also what sort of A/F are you seeing on idle and off throttle, is it normal to see the A/F spike when you come off throttle?

Thanks,
What kind of "issues" are you referring to?

Slowrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Touring Civic

Thanks,
Only issues I had with the flash pro is losing mpg and going back stock. The car is so boring to drive.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Only issues I had with the flash pro is losing mpg and going back stock. The car is so boring to drive.
MPG will be the same as long your driving habit was the same before the flash. Are you giving it more gas then usually since you want to feel the power?

Slowrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Touring Civic
Definitely losing gas bc the car is fun to drive to feel that extra boost. When low on gas I use the eco mode to go back to stock. Getting a tune is the best mods I made.

jbrandona119

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely losing gas bc the car is fun to drive to feel that extra boost. When low on gas I use the eco mode to go back to stock. Getting a tune is the best mods I made.
Is it easy to figure out and learn with? I'm thinking about saving up for one of these but I'm kind of in the dark about it all lol

Slowrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Touring Civic
Is it easy to figure out and learn with? I'm thinking about saving up for one of these but I'm kind of in the dark about it all lol
Hondata made it SO easy! I would love to try a ktuner and go with a Vitviper to see what its like. Just put it on a credit card. Your wasting your time driving without a turn. You get more smiles or miles with any tune. Too bad I had to drive the car for 20k miles before I put it on. Flashpro was to not available yet.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
Hondata made it SO easy! I would love to try a ktuner and go with a Vitviper to see what its like. Just put it on a credit card. Your wasting your time driving without a turn. You get more smiles or miles with any tune. Too bad I had to drive the car for 20k miles before I put it on. Flashpro was to not available yet.
I know but this is a new engine and want to make sure I do not compromise the sanctity. And the warranty is toast and just putting it back to stock is not the solution therefore making a tune unwise for me.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We have many many people running the + 6psi tune for the CVT around the world. It is a conservative tune, making only around 5% more torque than the CRV. Fuel and ignition parameters for this tune are within standard Honda parameters.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

We hear you. Education is central to our company's mission. We will have the first in a series of how-to videos posted very soon. Finished the first edits last week.
Sponsored