+6psi tune with high AFR and stft

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Hi guys,

Just installed flashpro with +6psi high octane and im getting an idle AFR of 15-17:1 and my S trim is at 46%! Does it take a few minutes driving for everything to adjust?

Im on 27won intake with i/c and stock downpipe. Also im a 2018 hatch MT and only options i have to choose from is 2016 uk 1.5t and 2017MT but no 2018.

Any help would be great as im new to this platform.
Sponsored

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Either your intake is altering the airflow reading to the point that you are running very lean, or there is unmetered air bypassing the AFM. You can verify this by returning to 'factory settings' and you will see the same fuel trim.

Check the intake very carefully for any air leaks. Sometimes just the rotation of the intake tubes messes up the reading (which is why Honda indexes the couplers).

Also check the intercooler pipes. We've see this type of problem where the intercooler o rings were damaged.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys,

Just installed flashpro with +6psi high octane and im getting an idle AFR of 15-17:1 and my S trim is at 46%! Does it take a few minutes driving for everything to adjust?

Im on 27won intake with i/c and stock downpipe. Also im a 2018 hatch MT and only options i have to choose from is 2016 uk 1.5t and 2017MT but no 2018.

Any help would be great as im new to this platform.
Do you have the 27WON Race MAF by chance?

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you have the 27WON Race MAF by chance?
No i have the non si street version but i do also have the 27won turbo inlet pipe so maybe this is affecting airflow? They say these upgrades are fine on stock ecu ,but im now thinking the basemaps might not support my setup.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Either your intake is altering the airflow reading to the point that you are running very lean, or there is unmetered air bypassing the AFM. You can verify this by returning to 'factory settings' and you will see the same fuel trim.

Check the intake very carefully for any air leaks. Sometimes just the rotation of the intake tubes messes up the reading (which is why Honda indexes the couplers).

Also check the intercooler pipes. We've see this type of problem where the intercooler o rings were damaged.
Thank you i shall double check all areas of the intake and couplers rotation. I had the intake and turbo inlet fitted by a shop that has done all my upgrades so im feeling confident that my maf just needs calibrating to suit.

Thankyou for such quick response. :)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No i have the non si street version but i do also have the 27won turbo inlet pipe so maybe this is affecting airflow? They say these upgrades are fine on stock ecu ,but im now thinking the basemaps might not support my setup.
Something major is going on. AN STFT of 46% means it is maxed out. This is exactly what you find when a PRL or 27WON Race MAF intake is installed without a proper tune. Whatever the issue is, keep digging and I'm sure it won't be hard to find. I would not expect the inlet pipe to have that sort of an impact.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Something major is going on. AN STFT of 46% means it is maxed out. This is exactly what you find when a PRL or 27WON Race MAF intake is installed without a proper tune. Whatever the issue is, keep digging and I'm sure it won't be hard to find. I would not expect the inlet pipe to have that sort of an impact.
Honda Civic 10th gen +6psi tune with high AFR and stft 20201217_205354

Without taking out the maf sensor its hard to see what is engraved. Best i could see is a " B" on the left corner which i would assume is " base non si" and the clips are 67-75mm which is a 3" diameter.

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ive had it confirmed with vincent from 27won and i have the right intake setup for street version so it must be a vacuum leak somewhere. Im going to reflash back to stock and see if the values remain high.

I will keep you posted

Thanks for your help :)

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
* update * checked all hoses / clips sealed faces and no sign of a vacuum leak. I took the car out for a spin and as i was rolling off the drive the rpm was bouncing up and down until after 10 mins driving it sort of settled itself out. I had open my hondata app watching afr and cmd was at 14.9 constant while the actual afr was between 14.7-15.1 at idle and while driving on partial throttle the AFR was not dropping below 14.2 which im assuming is okay at partial throttle however i do have " improved turbo response" enabled. I couldnt work out how to display my fuel trims on the app so later i will click datalog when driving again.

Do have a few questions though, if hondata mode is enabled, what is happening in eco mode to non eco mode?

Also i have my fladhpro box still plugged to ecu, could this be doing some form of adjusting in the background?

OP
OP
CIVICUK

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
** update **

So i returned back to stock ecu and using my obd reader and torque pro app, my stft is a solid 46.8 on idle, then when i tapp the throttle the revs rise and slowly come back down with minor stutters decending. When i do this my stft starts to correct itself but once im back at idle rpm the stft rises back up to 46.8.

This is no longer a flashpro problem but i am at a loss with what this could be.

Is thier a best way to check for vacuum leaks? Theres definatly no boost leak this is purely vacuum / air mass / breather hose situation and i wish i could solve it :(

Any advice would be great and then i shall delete the post as its not hondata related anymore.

Thank you.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can always re-install the factory intake to remove one more variable.
Sponsored