Hondata FlashPro +6psi High Octane Basemap Config and PRL CAI race MAF modification for tune

hotshotholt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Greetings,
I am new to the car scene (and the forum) and I've just bought a FlashPro this last weekend and it came in the mail yesterday. I tuned my car EX-L with the +6psi High Octane tune and it has been running well so far. I am looking into other mods for my vehicle, and I think I want to purchase a SAI/CAI next. I've heard plenty of positive things about the PRL Cobra Cold Air Intake, but my questions lie in how the tunes function with it. Can someone explain to me first if this would destroy my CVT, and if i should go with the 6psi Mishimoto SAI basemap tune and forget about the PRL intake? Or, do I continue with the 6psi high octane tune and check off the box in the modifications section that reads "AFM calibration for PRL cold air intake, race mass airflow housing" along with throttle response and boost?

I apologize in advance if this seems very confusing, but it is difficult for me at the moment to put my questions into sentences that are actually understandable, but any help would be appreciated, and I will clarify if needed :)
Sponsored

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
PRL Cobra Cold Air Intake will not destroy your CVT but you need to choose calibration that suit your intake modification.

What could damage our CVT transmission is over powered torque. Unfortunately, nobody has released "official" maximum torque value backed by dyno sheet and damaged CVT proof.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Only very high boost in lower rpm can destroy ur cvt, if u have kept the torque in limit your civic would be save. A friends of mine have 27won turbo with PRL Cobra CAI with race MAF, PRL intercooler, PRL dp/fp with flex fuel kit tune on ktuner has set the torque/boost low below 4k rpm and its still running fine after doing 20k km.
Sponsored