xenox417

First Name
Jame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey all, just wanted to preface this with that i know and understand a lot of people will be against this, and say it’s a bad idea. I understand, which is why this is simply trying to gather an idea of what needs to be done.

I have a ‘16 EX-T sedan, currently at 86k miles. it’s already had some aftermarket parts put in and a few owners, as well as some slight body damage, so the resell value isn’t too hot as it is, especially since this is a project car. I’ve been looking into doing this and so far it seems the biggest issue is the ECU and wiring. As i have the EX-T, not the L or touring, i don’t have honda sensing, blind spot assist, collision warning, etc.

Due to this, would this make a theoretical future manny swap possible? or is it still just a pipe dream?

EDIT; my city also for some reason has an unnecessary amount of X sedan sport models and car crashes, i could look into getting some parts off a few junkyard pieces.

EDIT 2; if you know of any tricks to prolong the life or be able to push the cvt past the 250whp block besides weight reduction, that’d be nice as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
With enough money and time you can do anything.

Here's an old thread from 2016 but there's a post there with some $$ amounts. Add a couple grand to put it into today's dollars.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/cvt-to-man-swap.6728/

Do I think it's worth it in your situation? No, but I'm not you.

OP
OP

xenox417

First Name
Jame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
With enough money and time you can do anything.

Here's an old thread from 2016 but there's a post there with some $$ amounts. Add a couple grand to put it into today's dollars.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/cvt-to-man-swap.6728/

Do I think it's worth it in your situation? No, but I'm not you.
Thanks for the quick response my man, hadn’t caught that thread yet.

I 1000% agree that under normal circumstances, this should not be done lol, but i’m lucky to know folks that have a shop with tools that would be willing to help, so i’m not going to paying alot in labor, if any.

Worst comes to worst, me and my friends do the mechanical work and pay for someone with the knowledge to do the electrical work.

I’m nowhere near deciding right now though, still have more general parts to buy, and CVT still has life left.

If you or anyone else comes up with something, lmk!

thanks