Honda Civic 2022, Coupe

Mike1945

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe, Touring, 1.5 L
Country flag
Is Honda planning to mfg a coupe for 2022?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
No it isn’t, they don’t sell. And it was basically only a North American product. Only sedan and hatchback.

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
when at a dealer buying a pilot, they at least lead me to believe that there will be a coupe. when they announced no more coupe, at least for me they didn't say forever, and maybe only current model run it was discontinued. me i think its gone for good.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The coupe is dead. It was rumored and expected to be quite some time ago and that was part of the reason I bought one.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
The coupe is dead. It was rumored and expected to be quite some time ago and that was part of the reason I bought one.
I feel the same way as you. I'm leasing mine and I'm going to buy it soon. I see no point in owning the new sedan. Just not good looking. May as well get the Accord for just a bit more money and it's better looking.
They say the coupe didn't sell good. Did they make money on them? How could they expect to sell more when you go to the dealers and they would have 25 sedans and 2 coupes?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also partly the reason why I got a coupe, 2 door wasn't going to last too long. If the coupe ends up being discontinued forever then I wanted to have the last 2 door Si coupe. Coupe is so unique looking and no other car looks like it, styling is subjective but I think it looks amazing

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
when at a dealer buying a pilot, they at least lead me to believe that there will be a coupe. when they announced no more coupe, at least for me they didn't say forever, and maybe only current model run it was discontinued. me i think its gone for good.
Dealership employees don’t know shit unless they are enthusiasts themselves and pay attention to announcements.

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
The new Civic 2022 is OK from the outside (looks a bit like a VW Jetta) and really very nice inside ?As far as I am concerned It is sad that the Coupe and manual versions are now gone + I really don't like this big 9' touchscreen up on the dash ? Very happy with my 2020 Civic coupe manual ?

OP
OP

Mike1945

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The new Civic 2022 is OK from the outside (looks a bit like a VW Jetta) and really very nice inside ?As far as I am concerned It is sad that the Coupe and manual versions are now gone + I really don't like this big 9' touchscreen up on the dash ? Very happy with my 2020 Civic coupe manual ?
I have a 2019 Coupe; it's my 2nd Coupe. My first one was totaled by a sleepy driver. It was a 2016. I hate to see the Coupe disappear. Not a sedan person.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2019 Coupe; it's my 2nd Coupe. My first one was totaled by a sleepy driver. It was a 2016. I hate to see the Coupe disappear. Not a sedan person.
Glad you got out of it okay and decided to buy another one...i think it's a very safe vehicle on top of having great lines.
Same here I had a Aegean blue coupe 2016 LX manual before and one day i went in for service and there was that beautiful black coupe in the show room with the complete HFP body kit on it...it was ❤ at first sight.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic 2022, Coupe IMG_20200709_100800_7
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic 2022, Coupe IMG_20200709_100724_9

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mike1945

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Glad you got out of it okay and decided to buy another one...i think it's a very safe vehicle on top of having great lines.
Same here I had a Aegean blue coupe 2016 LX manual before and one day i went in for service and there was that beautiful black coupe in the show room with the complete HFP body kit on it...it was ❤ at first sight.

IMG_20200709_100800_7.jpg
IMG_20200709_100724_9.jpg

TriangleHeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe (FC4, K20C2)
Country flag
I believe they announced that 2020 was the last model year for the coupe, it's discontinued, finished, took its bow, curtain call.

It's sad because I've had three Civics and they've all been coupes. One dealership told me they don't sell well, other dealerships will say they're "rare" so they're worth more. Buying a used coupe is always a chore because the coupes are a sliver of the Civic used inventory already, you'll probably see like 3 coupes and 40 sedans. Honda was one of the only manufacturers left that made a coupe from a good and affordable platform, they held out the longest I think actually, especially among Japanese makes. Nissan Altima coupe had quality issues like melting dashboards but the coupes looked really nice whenever I'd see them on the road I'd know what they were instantly, those were discontinued 2012 I believe. Toyota had some too like Solara and Celica which I believe are both also gone. American makes had coupes but I think those all went away. On the Korean side Hyundai had one for Elantra, Kia had one for their Forte (not that good looking), those are all gone too.

The U.S. market was hot for trucks and SUVs before COVID, I think COVID + the economic decline + increasing gas prices might have made smaller, cheaper more economical cars popular again. Even then the sedan market in the U.S. was on its way out which makes coupes even less justifiable to them.

If we want a coupe in the future we;d probably have to go to a higher-end make (like Infiniti/Nissan), BMW or buy a sports car or roadster. I'm moving to BRZ/86 or roadster like MX-5 next but I hear they might discontinue the BRZ too...
Sponsored