Dear Muscle cars, My R is a muscle car too

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
So where I live they have car meets and they are 100% American cars. I still go anyway because there is no real import car meets and I just want to see and talk cars. But, I get such stink eye at these meets and talked down too. So, dear American muscle car owners guess what? My R is a muscle car too! How ? Well . . . Lets see, during the lightning lap that was done not long ago it took a Mustang with an added performance package to beat the R's time. I mean that is a car costing twice as much and not exactly stock now is it. Also the big bad 770 HP 80k plus Dodge hellcat only managed to beat the R by fractions of a second per mile. A car costing 3 times the R's price tag, I would expect more.

When the R came out every reviewer and magazine out there, go back and look at the covers, what did you see? Yeah the R with top of the line supercars and right there in the middle the R, no mustangs or Cameros. Nope not a single American "muscle" car in sight. oh sure go buy your 60 k base model and put another 20k in parts on it then go to a show and brag about how you are faster then me in a straight line by 1 second... bwhahaha. But in real world there are curves my friend and your big heavy boats cant hold a candle. Plus you compare to my STOCK car. If i put the same dollar amount into my R you have into that overbuild Muscle car you wouldn't even be able to read my tag I would be so far ahead of you. Proof? yeah just you tube modded civics spanking lambos butts.

So yeah I own a muscle car and I will continue to come to your shows :)

But lets say Muscle car is term used for American cars only? Well considering you get beat so much maybe you show come up with a new name? Maybe the Metrosexual car?
Sponsored

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Lol this really depends on how people want to define a "Muscle Car" and per usual in the car world, people will argue about what car falls under what category, etc. In the end it is arbitrary but fun to categorize because that is how our brains want to organize things.

I personally do not consider the R a muscle car because, well yeah, 1. it is not American and 2. It's a hot hatch, albeit a very hot one.

It doesn't have a V8. It does not bruise the road with its weight.

Also, metrosexual is a dated term.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
Why do you want the type R to be considered a "muscle car"? I'm not sure we are the ones you should be ranting to about this. Those other car folks at your meet probably aren't reading this.

"stink eye" is subjective. Can you give us an example of how you are being talked down to? Maybe we could give you some talking points for when the conversation at these meets becomes unproductive?

If you don't like they way they treat you, don't go. If there isn't another meet with the types of cars and people you like, start one.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It doesn't have a V8. It does not bruise the road with its weight.
EH plenty of american made "muscle cars" now come with 4 cylinders and 6.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, it’s definitely not a muscle car.

My SS was cheaper than my R and was more than 2 seconds faster in a straight line bone stock.

Hell, my 02 was over a full second faster 17 years ago.
So I am curious. if your Cameros are so much better and faster then why get the R?

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Rachel Dolezal syndrome

Looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like duck. Must be a rooster.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
civics are definitely not muscle cars :crazy:, they are fast and they can make big hp #'s, but they are imports.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
civics are definitely not muscle cars :crazy:, they are fast and they can make big hp #'s, but they are imports.
My engine is 100 percent made in USA Ohio. More so then some Muscle cars. So....it is also 100 percent built in England. Is it still a import there? Can they call it a muscle car? Is it Japanese even no nothing on it was built there? American cars aren't American either. Most every car out there is a feankinstien of parts from everywhere.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
Most people have no idea what a CTR is so there is no surprise you get weird looks when you roll up to a muscle car meet. Most people think it is just another Civic.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I think muscle cars are just a term made up because the people who tend to buy those type of cars. Usually guys with Mohawks and small penises.
Sponsored