Additional 2019 Sedan/Coupe Details Released

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive wasted so much time with you already...
I know more about this than you im certain you wouldnt be educating me on the street either. Meet me at a track and ill put a bus on your 2.0
so a double fuel system to complicate the problems when the ford fuel system decides to ford!

Lastly
LEARN TO MULTI QUOTE
The mods and the rest of us would appreciate less clutter
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not interested in the fight... but just for the sake of education, DI can actually be extraordinarily efficient during idle since it can lean burn a very small amount of fuel that's injected during compression. The stratified fuel mix is a ok read. Without port injection to wash the valves... the only saving grace we may have would be if the intake valves are cracked open at times just as compression starts to allow a little of the mix to come out to wash the valves. I've read that this may be a strategy used on our cars, and I think the claims were supposedly from Honda engineers...

https://www.civicx.com/threads/carbon-buildup-101.16177/page-3

4th post down.

...took me a minute, but I found the thread. I know I was so-so on it at first as I was pretty interest in getting a N54 powered 335i. There were a lot of issues with the car (bad HP fuel pump being the top one). That was back in '06. DI is not cutting edge on the automotive scene by any stretch. It's a pretty mature technology. Same can be said about CVTs at this point. Even Honda dabbled in those last decade, packed it up for a while as I bet they needed to sort it out more, then brought them back. Of all things, I don't think Honda would decide to release a lemon engine across the Civic, Accord and CRV. Not that it's perfect. Nothing is. I just don't think it's doom and gloom.

We'll have to revisit this topic in a decade and see how all the decade-plus L15B7s with 100k-200k miles are holding up. If we're all down on power and spending a few hundred on walnut blasting or making YouTube videos spraying concoctions in our intake to blow ridiculous smoke out because our valves are all crapped up... well... you win. :thumbsup:

Wait. Better yet, we should revisit it each and every week or so, of every month... of every year...

Honda Civic 10th gen Additional 2019 Sedan/Coupe Details Released giphy

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's wild. When the 370z got it in '09, I thought it was just a gimmick. I'm surprised such an, at worst gimmicky... at best an enthusiast ability is on a car that lacks practically any enthusiast following.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A real driver, one who apparently would teach me things, would know how to rev match without needing the aid of a computer to do it for him......I can't help myself.......

But yeah, I really can't believe it hasnt made it to the SI in the civic at least. I understand why not in the sport, the dont expect people to race the true economy engine of the line........

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
doubt you will find much track reviews of a sedan sport. Owners who will be tracking might but they might also be on coilovers which would kinda defeat the purpose of a "sport" trim.

That's wild. When the 370z got it in '09, I thought it was just a gimmick. I'm surprised such an, at worst gimmicky... at best an enthusiast ability is on a car that lacks practically any enthusiast following.
Both of my cars have rev matching now and it's awesome lol. Although I feel like i'm going to forget how to heel and toe lol.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I would welcome rev matching. I've tried to heel-and-toe-but never could quite get the hang of it.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Admittedly, I do not know how to rev match. The only thing saving me from gross downshifts is the fact that my CTR does it for me. When it doesn’t... I do this really weird hesitation thing where I attempt to give it gas and usually I get a somewhat smooth shift.

Being able to brake and downshift without taking my foot off of the brake pedal is amazing.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
idk, i used to rev match and heel toe even during my normal driving when I had a s2000. Like slowing down to make a right turn, i'd slowly rev match/heel toe to 2nd gear to take the turn. It's just much smoother for me that way compared to downshifting normally and half clutching it.

There are some cars which just doesn't have the correct spacing/height to make for a smooth heel and toe so i welcome auto blips.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your reading comprehension is terrible. I said a real driver, no where did I say an enthusiast, and no where did I say "has to." Quit embarrassing yourself. The forum knows that you are a 2.0 troll, so its fine. You don't have to be on a track to heel toe, it perfectly easy to practice on the street as well. Is there anything else dumb you'd like to say to us, because you've clowned yourself pretty good here.
idk, i used to rev match and heel toe even during my normal driving when I had a s2000. Like slowing down to make a right turn, i'd slowly rev match/heel toe to 2nd gear to take the turn. It's just much smoother for me that way compared to downshifting normally and half clutching it.

There are some cars which just doesn't have the correct spacing/height to make for a smooth heel and toe so i welcome auto blips.
He just runs his mouth to run it, he doesn't even understand how ridiculous the statements he has made in this thread sound.

@360glitch this thread is so far off topic, might as well lock it since we have other 2019 threads already going

Last edited:

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag

When I look at sports cars, I compare them to how easy it is to heel-and-toe in a S2000. I guess it's one of the reasons why I still have it and enjoy driving it so much. How does the CTR stack up against a S2000 in terms of heel-and-toe if you don't use the auto rev match?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
When I look at sports cars, I compare them to how easy it is to heel-and-toe in a S2000. I guess it's one of the reasons why I still have it and enjoy driving it so much. How does the CTR stack up against a S2000 in terms of heel-and-toe if you don't use the auto rev match?
The S2000 is such a great and I did enjoy driving it. It was hard for me to sell it after many years but I do have my reasons on why I finally decided to get rid of it. i had it since 2010 and i just recently sold it like 2 months ago so the experience is still fresh in my mind. The pedal spacing is so perfect on the S2000(to me), it was very easy to heel and toe both at low speeds and high speeds. Not going to lie to you but I never bothered to try heel and toe without the auto blip so I can't comment on the CTR side of it. Acuity and some other companies do make pedal spacers which leads me to believe that it's not perfect though.

Chief 08

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I have been driving nothing but manuals for many years. I have never "heel, toe"", rev matched, or had any issue with "rev hang". That being said I have never had any issues shifting fast, or otherwise, just saying.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious, how do you downshift smoothly and quickly without rev matching?

I can shift fast, but I don’t guarantee it will be smooth lol.
Sponsored