'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
That's one of my favorite tracks on Forza lol
Eau Rouge ! somehow the track cam on the CTR just does not have the same impact as when Hamilton has the hammer down, with no lift, going through it....I agree, what a superb track.

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
i think he is trying to show everyone that not only did he do a full strip and color change, he also put back all the oem labels, stickers, etc...

Last edited:

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
New here. Don't have a Type R, yet. On the local dealer list. Rode in the kid's that he bought Saturday. Crap those things are quick! I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but...I'm 68 years old and love the car but not the rear wing. Does anyone know if it is easy to remove? I assume remove the hatch interior trim and there should be bolts/nuts located beneath. Then get some body shop to color match some type of plugs. I would only street drive the one I "might" get to buy. Pretty sure even at interstate speeds I don't think I would need the additional downforce. If I track anything it would be my 911. Be kind...

Driveitlikeustoleit

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lada
New here. Don't have a Type R, yet. On the local dealer list. Rode in the kid's that he bought Saturday. Crap those things are quick! I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but...I'm 68 years old and love the car but not the rear wing. Does anyone know if it is easy to remove? I assume remove the hatch interior trim and there should be bolts/nuts located beneath. Then get some body shop to color match some type of plugs. I would only street drive the one I "might" get to buy. Pretty sure even at interstate speeds I don't think I would need the additional downforce. If I track anything it would be my 911. Be kind...
Remember my friend, age is just a number, you're never too old, and just buy what you want and enjoy.
Check out this thread
https://www.civicx.com/threads/how-old-are-all-you-ctr-owners.27813/

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
I think I remember seeing a thread around here regarding removing the rear wing. I do know where you are coming from. I really don't like the rear end of the CTR at all-the wing I like. It's functional (under track circumstances), and was designed for the car, so it does not looked tacked on. I have bought a few cars in the past that I liked the performance more than the looks (1987 RX-7 Turbo II, 2014 GT-R, etc). The CTR is the same way. It has some really good looking angles but overall, I bought it for the performance, to replace my 2014 Mini Hardtop JCW. For $35k, this car is more than a steal.

Like you, I don't plan on tracking the CTR regularly. I might take it out once or twice at Mid-Ohio to see what it can do. Z06 is my track work horse. I was bummed to learn about the heat-soak issues with the CTR when using it for track duty in really warm temps. I don't really want to put the parts/pieces on it to get that under control when I can just run the Z06, stock, all day long as hard as I want and it asks for more....Oh, and I'm 56, so there are some AARP folks here....you will feel right at home when you find one :)

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
I think I remember seeing a thread around here regarding removing the rear wing. I do know where you are coming from. I really don't like the rear end of the CTR at all-the wing I like. It's functional (under track circumstances), and was designed for the car, so it does not looked tacked on. I have bought a few cars in the past that I liked the performance more than the looks (1987 RX-7 Turbo II, 2014 GT-R, etc). The CTR is the same way. It has some really good looking angles but overall, I bought it for the performance, to replace my 2014 Mini Hardtop JCW. For $35k, this car is more than a steal.

Like you, I don't plan on tracking the CTR regularly. I might take it out once or twice at Mid-Ohio to see what it can do. Z06 is my track work horse. I was bummed to learn about the heat-soak issues with the CTR when using it for track duty in really warm temps. I don't really want to put the parts/pieces on it to get that under control when I can just run the Z06, stock, all day long as hard as I want and it asks for more....Oh, and I'm 56, so there are some AARP folks here....you will feel right at home when you find one :)
Z06: Thanks appreciate your comments. I will do a forum search once I figure out how that is done!:dunno:

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I was bummed to learn about the heat-soak issues with the CTR when using it for track duty in really warm temps.
You don't need to be on the track to heat soak it. Stop and go traffic for long enough plus outside temps will do it. It is really interesting when it happens too, because it seems like the car won't build boost. It feels like the turbo is shut off and you are driving a normal Civic with 100 less horsepower.
Sponsored