Tune Results I AM CONFUSED

SonicDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6 M/T
Country flag
If it makes you feel better my old 6MT sport hatch only put down 187/233 on a Mustang dyno with a custom Ktuner tune from Vit. Mustang dynos read lower than most. You really need a baseline dyno measurement to make a good judgement of your numbers.
Do you have the numbers it was putting down stock on the Mustang dyno?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm unusual when it comes to tunes. Personally I could care less about dynos. My car with 6 more PSI has a lot more power on demand. For my commutes, it works great. It gives me a lot more confidence in my car. Like others have said, dynoing a CVT accurately is difficult. Just enjoy your newfound power and don't get too hung up on the numbers.

OP
OP
MrMadden613

MrMadden613

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm unusual when it comes to tunes. Personally I could care less about dynos. My car with 6 more PSI has a lot more power on demand. For my commutes, it works great. It gives me a lot more confidence in my car. Like others have said, dynoing a CVT accurately is difficult. Just enjoy your newfound power and don't get too hung up on the numbers.
I agree man it's my daily to so it sounds beautiful looks awesome and has some kick to here is my dyno sheet

Honda Civic 10th gen Tune Results I AM CONFUSED dyno

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I can see why it's slipping... you are hitting full boost below 3000rpm

you have to limit your power below 3800rpm when adding more boost on a cvt

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can see why it's slipping... you are hitting full boost below 3000rpm

you have to limit your power below 3800rpm when adding more boost on a cvt
I hope for his sake, its not toast already.

OP
OP
MrMadden613

MrMadden613

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I hope for his sake, its not toast already.
No he said that it just wasnt running properly and would slip the trans is in perfect working order as of now.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No he said that it just wasnt running properly and would slip the trans is in perfect working order as of now.
um the trans is a metal belt, if you are slipping the belt you are scoring the belt. It wont grab the pulley as well and you'll lose tq and hp. It will only get worse with time.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
The CVT handles torque better at higher rpm. Hence why every tuner has limited torque over the power band. 3000rpm is pretty low. Should be 4400rpm to reach max torque from what I've seen. The CVT can handle the horses, you just have to properly handle the torque curve.

OP
OP
MrMadden613

MrMadden613

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The CVT handles torque better at higher rpm. Hence why every tuner has limited torque over the power band. 3000rpm is pretty low. Should be 4400rpm to reach max torque from what I've seen. The CVT can handle the horses, you just have to properly handle the torque curve.

Should I get a sceond opinion from another tuner ? I just cant afford to blow my tranny haha

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Should I get a sceond opinion from another tuner ? I just cant afford to blow my tranny haha
I would reflash back to a base map tune first, but yes, I would definitely consider going to someone more familiar with these machines, especially since the place you went to resulted in a decrease in power. Though honestly with a CVT I wouldn't push more than the stage 2 base map tune in the first place. At least, not until there's a lot more evidence and history of tuning specific to the CVT with torque limiting; also hoping one day the CVT itself can be tuned to account for excess boost, or is able to be upgraded itself.

"Fortunately" I have the 2.0na, so extreme torque is not on the immediate horizon for me yet.

OP
OP
MrMadden613

MrMadden613

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I would reflash back to a base map tune first, but yes, I would definitely consider going to someone more familiar with these machines, especially since the place you went to resulted in a decrease in power. Though honestly with a CVT I wouldn't push more than the stage 2 base map tune in the first place. At least, not until there's a lot more evidence and history of tuning specific to the CVT with torque limiting; also hoping one day the CVT itself can be tuned to account for excess boost, or is able to be upgraded itself.

"Fortunately" I have the 2.0na, so extreme torque is not on the immediate horizon for me yet.

Yep there needs to be some sort of upgrade for the CVT I know there is a cvt cooler which could net me another 10 whp the tuner said but thats not really worth the 400$ lol
Sponsored