Misfiring/breakup on acceleration 2016 civic touring (cvt)

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I think this also applies to L series as Drob mentioned it in one of his diagnosing issues (or something) post.
But I’ve heard this would require bad compression if I’m not mistaken.
Compression could be fine, it's just the valve open/close too soon relative to firing order.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AyePekkz

AyePekkz

First Name
Charles Meyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Sedan
Country flag

K.Gonzales

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Can anyone verify for me if they’re fuel pressure drops over night to around 500psi before starting. Noticed this today. Also the psi keeps going up after putting into accessory mode. Like the pump will prime make noise and stop but the number on ktuner says it keeps going up in accessory mode and this is before cold start and warmed up. I don’t have any old logs to verify if this is normal or not.
I checked, mine dropped to 360kpa or 52psi overnight. This was before cold starting in the morning. I have no issues with my fuel system or any of my pumps. Idle pressure seems to stay around 500 psi. And yes, mine also kept going up after shutting the engine off.

CivicXVII

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring Hatch, 2013 Audi Q5
Country flag
These symptoms sound like the carbon build-up issue on the intake valves I had with my Audi A3 years ago. Put a scope in the intake manifold and have a look at the intake valve stems and see if they look like lollipops due to carbon build up... just to rule out that possibility.
Audi dealer wanted $1500 to clean the valve stems. I did it myself for basically nothing except my time.

K.Gonzales

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
These symptoms sound like the carbon build-up issue on the intake valves I had with my Audi A3 years ago. Put a scope in the intake manifold and have a look at the intake valve stems and see if they look like lollipops due to carbon build up... just to rule out that possibility.
Audi dealer wanted $1500 to clean the valve stems. I did it myself for basically nothing except my time.
Yeah I agree OP should check his intake valves

OP
OP
AyePekkz

AyePekkz

First Name
Charles Meyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Any update bud?
I haven't had time to look at anything. The battery went bad last week. I'll post an update in 1-2weeks. Also think my alt isn't fully charging. Car drives at 12v unless in park. Have to check my connections first though.

OP
OP
AyePekkz

AyePekkz

First Name
Charles Meyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Still haven't had time to work on it. My gf now daily's it and I drove it the other day and it was fine still drives well at cruising speeds choppy below 1700rpm same old same. AFR is good other than launches. Idles at 14.7, so I give up it wins. When it blows up I'll let everyone know! My honest guess at this point is just cvt wear.

Xernive

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Still haven't had time to work on it. My gf now daily's it and I drove it the other day and it was fine still drives well at cruising speeds choppy below 1700rpm same old same. AFR is good other than launches. Idles at 14.7, so I give up it wins. When it blows up I'll let everyone know! My honest guess at this point is just cvt wear.
Did it blow up

OP
OP
AyePekkz

AyePekkz

First Name
Charles Meyer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Did it blow up
Still running and still my gf's daily.
I actually took it the work the other morning and hit about 130 on the Mexican highways with like maybe 3 misfires at the start of the pull... still chugging along!

It is due for tranny fluid change and oil change here that I will be doing soon, I'll let you guys know if I find any shavings in either of them.

Xernive

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Still running and still my gf's daily.
I actually took it the work the other morning and hit about 130 on the Mexican highways with like maybe 3 misfires at the start of the pull... still chugging along!

It is due for tranny fluid change and oil change here that I will be doing soon, I'll let you guys know if I find any shavings in either of them.
Niceee run her till she dont, glad to hear she still kicking. Been keeping up with the updates 😃

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
if your car idles at 14.7 is that bad?
Sponsored