Got rid of my touring coupe!

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LSM Civic Coupe Touring
After 6 months, I traded my Civic for a CPO BMW 328i XDrive. I was hoping I would love the Civic, but it just was not close to the quality I expected. Rattles, creaks, wonky head unit, jerky Honda sensing, cheap materials, etc...Honda service seems to not really care about their customers. I wanted to thank everyone here for their ideas and thoughts. I was hoping to really build my car up over the next year, but I just can't live with the issues. That is not to say the car is terrible in all aspects. It has a nice ride for the most part, and has great power and gas mileage. The quality of the materials and build is really where it falls short. I did leave my splash guards and exhaust tips on the car, but I did remove the intake and I am selling that if anyone is interested.
Sponsored

OP
OP
arampapaz

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...and the $800 oil changes. :) But yes, enjoy the new car for sure.

RC
Actually all maintenance and warranty is included for 3 years/100k miles, so I won't be paying anything. It is a different world with BMW.

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
well after 3 years you will be. ::p;)

OP
OP
arampapaz

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well after 3 years you will be. ::p;)
Yeah that's true, that will be the time to shop again. I rarely keep a car more than 2 years, but I will most likely keep this till the warranty and maintenance expire.

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
After 6 months, I traded my Civic for a CPO BMW 328i XDrive. I was hoping I would love the Civic, but it just was not close to the quality I expected. Rattles, creaks, wonky head unit, jerky Honda sensing, cheap materials, etc...Honda service seems to not really care about their customers. I wanted to thank everyone here for their ideas and thoughts. I was hoping to really build my car up over the next year, but I just can't live with the issues. That is not to say the car is terrible in all aspects. It has a nice ride for the most part, and has great power and gas mileage. The quality of the materials and build is really where it falls short. I did leave my splash guards and exhaust tips on the car, but I did remove the intake and I am selling that if anyone is interested.
May I ask how much of a loss did you took trading in your Honda after 6 months? I've had my Touring sedan since April 2016 and seriously considering moving to another brand after all the infotainment and sub-woofer problems my Touring has had that Honda still hasn't fixed properly.

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
Yeah that's true, that will be the time to shop again. I rarely keep a car more than 2 years, but I will most likely keep this till the warranty and maintenance expire.
What did they want for extended warranty?

OP
OP
arampapaz

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May I ask how much of a loss did you took trading in your Honda after 6 months? I've had my Touring sedan since April 2016 and seriously considering moving to another brand after all the infotainment and sub-woofer problems my Touring has had that Honda still hasn't fixed properly.
This is hard to answer since there was another car involved that I was negotiating. The price quoted on my invoice for the sale was 20k for my trade in. But the car I bought was dropped in price a considerable amount from what they were asking. Dealers play with these numbers all the time. I go through it every couple of years when I trade in. The bottom line was that my payment is barely different for the same term, and I am in an amazing car. I did lose 6 months of payments but there is no comparison and I am totally happy. I just wish I had bought the BMW from the beginning. I didn't mind taking a bit of a hit to be in a much nicer car.

OP
OP
arampapaz

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did they want for extended warranty?
Everything was included in the sale price. They gave me extended maintenance to make the deal since I had an appointment with Audi later that afternoon. They were not going to let me leave without a car lol.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I went to another dealer, to see about trading mine in too. This owner is so right, this release of the Civic is the worst. While some of you may have what you believe a decent ride, it is what will become of it after the warranty expires. Anyway, the dealers are getting wind of how many issues plague the 2016, and I was told. SELL IT ON YOUR OWN, we are trying to stay clear of the 16's for now.. WTH...

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
jerky Honda sensing
Out of curiosity, is the adaptive cruise on the BMW smoother? The only other car I've driven with it was a Mazda, but it cut off below 20mph so it never got the chance to be jerky.
Sponsored