What's your SI looking like today?

If you could have one mod right now, what would it be?

• Total voters

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I went up Angeles crest this morning for an early drive and man, I forget how rejuvenating it is to just drive those curvy roads. It honestly felt like food for my soul. Just the road, myself and thoughts. Mind you, my car felt so well balanced, no break of traction (wasn’t really pushing hard) or heavy body roll. It was amazing to just feel connected to my car and everything around me.

I hope you guys find a similar connection with life today.. we are truly blessed!

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0206.jpeg

IMG_0200.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0203.jpeg
I left house at 06:30 Saturday as had to drive 103 miles across Florida ( literally east coast to the west) all on back curvy roads for a shooting match. Didn't even bother having radio on. Just had a blast listening to the intake, spool & exhaust notes. Hardly any traffic & when I did get up on a "slow pacer" was able to blow past with so little effort.

Got to match location & was all gunned up & ready to roll even before 08:30. Parked next to a sweet BRZ as it had a real gearbox too . There was also an '86 there, but it had an auto so had to park across from us🤣.

I've driven way more expensive cars, with way more power ( Wife has a '16 Z51 Stingray currently) over the years, but I love the connection I have with my Si.

Other than some welding for the Type R exhaust, I've done every upgrade & maintenance work on this car. Sure I've cursed at it when wrenching as apparently the Japanese have micro-sized hands, compared to the rest of us.

Even with all the mods, these cars are still a bargain for the amount of smiles they bring.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 1000005440

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a city civc hitting the country side for the weekend and regretting playing in the mud,idk how I’m gonna get all that dirt out of my engine bay. Gonna have to drive into a lake no other choice next weekend
IMG_5482.jpeg
IMG_5773.png
IMG_5774.png
IMG_5493.jpeg
IMG_5492.jpeg

Actually no regrets
Wow! Have fun pressure-washing! 😅

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
I left house at 06:30 Saturday as had to drive 103 miles across Florida ( literally east coast to the west) all on back curvy roads for a shooting match. Didn't even bother having radio on. Just had a blast listening to the intake, spool & exhaust notes. Hardly any traffic & when I did get up on a "slow pacer" was able to blow past with so little effort.

Got to match location & was all gunned up & ready to roll even before 08:30. Parked next to a sweet BRZ as it had a real gearbox too . There was also an '86 there, but it had an auto so had to park across from us🤣.

I've driven way more expensive cars, with way more power ( Wife has a '16 Z51 Stingray currently) over the years, but I love the connection I have with my Si.

Other than some welding for the Type R exhaust, I've done every upgrade & maintenance work on this car. Sure I've cursed at it when wrenching as apparently the Japanese have micro-sized hands, compared to the rest of us.

Even with all the mods, these cars are still a bargain for the amount of smiles they bring.

1000005440.jpg
Is that the FKX Racing grill? If so, is the Si badge a sticker, badge, molded in, other? I've tried doing a bunch of searches for this, but most of what I've found is for their other style grills. Would you recommend the grill?

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
Is that the FKX Racing grill? If so, is the Si badge a sticker, badge, molded in, other? I've tried doing a bunch of searches for this, but most of what I've found is for their other style grills. Would you recommend the grill?
It's a $60 chinese crap Ebay grill. I wasn't after looks so much as just wanted open honeycomb to add to cooling. The fact it matches lower & garnish vents is a nice bonus. It's held up great & fitment is superb. Had to do the zip-tie trick( look it up, but it's the OEM bumper- the clips are crap -& not any of the grills that are the issue).

The Si badge is just a "Rear" OEM badge. I took it apart & spray painted the chrome outers black- no chrome allowed on this Si. I know they now sell red/ black Si badges. Either way the Si badge is 3M taped on.

Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 1000009052

My DIY "rear" front Si badge is starting to look tired due to stone chips, so going to swap it out with this. Should hold up much better as molded black plastic vs paint. Hope this helps

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotta pay to play

But for real though, classic JDM parts are pricey
Just a city civc hitting the country side for the weekend and regretting playing in the mud,idk how I’m gonna get all that dirt out of my engine bay. Gonna have to drive into a lake no other choice next weekend
IMG_5482.jpeg
IMG_5773.png
IMG_5774.png
IMG_5493.jpeg
IMG_5492.jpeg

Actually no regrets
Lmao that's a lot of mud! Just go to car wash and wash it out and it will be fine! I've had worse in my old Tacoma where the entire thing was a coat of brown!

RookieOfTheGear

First Name
Ay Ay Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Honda Civic Si (Coupe)
Country flag
Lmao that's a lot of mud! Just go to car wash and wash it out and it will be fine! I've had worse in my old Tacoma where the entire thing was a coat of brown!
I’ve seen videos of people washing their engines but idk it just seems crazy to me shooting water in there like that. I’m probably gonna have to do it tho theirs no way to reach everything and it would take forever by hand with wet rags and brushes . U washed it after driving it engine hot and all? I think I will wash it with the engine cold in the morning before I even turn it on, hot steel being hit by cold water just doesn’t seem right but neither does shooting water in there to begin with.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve seen videos of people washing their engines but idk it just seems crazy to me shooting water in there like that. I’m probably gonna have to do it tho theirs no way to reach everything and it would take forever by hand with wet rags and brushes . U washed it after driving it engine hot and all? I think I will wash it with the engine cold in the morning before I even turn it on, hot steel being hit by cold water just doesn’t seem right but neither does shooting water in there to begin with.
if you are worried about it just use the spot free rinse option it still has pressure but not a lot. and yes i washed my old tacoma a lot in the engine bay.. id normally leave the truck running and blast it because well it was a mess!
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? 1714999797999-hu

here is an example... took me a looong time to get all the mud off this truck lol and even years later i found more mud behind the headlights!

if its still a concern about putting water in the engine bay which no offense is silly since it gets wet from daily driving just focus on areas where the intake isnt located at and you will be fine..

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag

Builtfc1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What's your SI looking like today? IMG_0250
How it’s sitting currently. Will get a set for the rear but unsure of 17’s or 18’s. Fronts are 17”