What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

hondabandit

First Name
hondaman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sport hatch
Country flag
Kanji just means Chinese in Japanese. It's the same thing. It's cringey when people say Japanese kanji characters, when they're just Chinese characters.
That's neat and hopefully you know that I wasn't disputing you, but that I didn't realize that the numbers were written the same in Kanji and Chinese, so hopefully we're all good Heddy.:D

fk7blue

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Since last update
LaminX fog light overlays
Rally Armor mud flaps
Partial chrome delete lol
Wheels are off at paint gettin rid of the ugly matte black and doing a gloss black

Keeping it like this until spring , then going to buy abs dynamic front lip, springs and spacers, tune and tint

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 348DC5B0-A98D-4C9A-B470-B7B2D0D97BC9

Jha_s_ani

First Name
Jhasani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
finally after 2-3 months of having my fog light I was able a to get them installed; took a while to figure out the wiring because they wouldn’t work the way the instructions explained it so after some wire cutting/extending, soldering, and a new fuse I finally got them installed

Also got the added a front splitter, did a temp chrome delete on the front, tinted the orange side markers, then finally change the side markers to a clear ones

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 021BB4E9-E0C9-42E8-8090-8E027680E17F

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) FA7FDED8-433F-440E-89CA-F2962C4DF8FA

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 1C82DD3B-569B-4ED2-BDA9-2EC553CEB4C3

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) 3B3CA594-DEC5-4D20-A614-78C3E46B6697

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Kanji just means Chinese in Japanese. It's the same thing. It's cringey when people say Japanese kanji characters, when they're just Chinese characters.
+1

The “倒” in the shift knob is an origin Chinese character means opposite (in this case is Reverse or “R”). Don’t ask me why, this is the way I was being taught ~40 years ago.

The Japanese term kanji is literally means the character (“倒”) is ‘brought over’ from Chinese "Han” characters.

Then you will ask why there are Chinese characters in Japanese language?

The Japanese language originally only made use of Japanese words that are not Chinese character. But after trading started between China and Japan, Chinese words were ‘brought over’ into Japan and incorporated it into their language till today.

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Replaced my windshield. Well, actually Safelite did. Caught a rock and damage was a little too big for a repair. I was surprised that the total cost was $1809.00 installed. They used OEM glass and that included the camera calibration. I was out my $500 deductible.
Dafuq's up with 10th gen and windshield replacements? Had to do mine too.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Donkeyhotay123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Then you will ask why there are Chinese characters in Japanese language?

The Japanese language originally only made use of Japanese words that are not Chinese character. But after trading started between China and Japan, Chinese words were ‘brought over’ into Japan and incorporated it into their language till today.
Prior to the 3rd Century, Japan had its own native script systems. Trade is part of the writing exchange. Much of it was the proliferation of Buddhism, related literature, and other philosophies. The Japanese adopted, transliterated, or replaced terms with Chinese script. They're not entirely "Chinese words" as much as they are Japanese words realized with a borrowed script.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I think I knew that before and forgot. Or did I forget that I knew it?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Every newer vehicle with all the sensing and lane keep in the windshields is why, it requires extra work from traditional
Then why does the windshield on my non-sensing Civic chip so easily?

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
Everything on these cars is thinner to make it lighter and improve mileage.
Sponsored