Wrapped a small part up front...thoughts?

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had some of this vivid (amazon) wrap and thought this would look great. I am also testing the material because I may wrap the side mirrors and maybe the wing as well. Really came out good and working an indoor shop with AC helps.
Cheers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wrapped a small part up front...thoughts? 71CC9A42-9165-40A6-8A8B-9AE64D6AF44C

Honda Civic 10th gen Wrapped a small part up front...thoughts? 62A11D00-D006-4380-BDA3-2219EBD7C026

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wrapped my hood with the same stuff. Ordered another roll to do my roof and tailgate spoiler.

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
Looks great, thinking of wrapping part of my front bumper with 3M carbon, just can't decide if DIY or have a shop do it.

bmaf55

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Had some of this vivid (amazon) wrap and thought this would look great. I am also testing the material because I may wrap the side mirrors and maybe the wing as well. Really came out good and working an indoor shop with AC helps.
Cheers.

71CC9A42-9165-40A6-8A8B-9AE64D6AF44C.jpeg

62A11D00-D006-4380-BDA3-2219EBD7C026.jpeg
Looks really good. Was it hard to do on the car? I’ve been wanting to venture into wrapping some stuff, watching vids and reading up on it etc. Maybe I will soon

OP
OP
Neps18Si

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great, thinking of wrapping part of my front bumper with 3M carbon, just can't decide if DIY or have a shop do it.

Looks really good. Was it hard to do on the car? I’ve been wanting to venture into wrapping some stuff, watching vids and reading up on it etc. Maybe I will soon
This is very tedious, but patience is a must. This was a small area and looks easy, but to me was hard. I cut it to shape then put it on peeling slowly the back and using a plastic razor going over. Then hit it with the heat gun. Lucky for me there was one bubble. Though also I have access to a shop with AC.

ocbooger

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its intimidating at first but its not that hard. Curves and angle's can be difficult but once you familiarize yourself with how the wrap behaves its easy. Patience, the right tools and a good heat gun go a long way. Use a scrap piece and wrap something small to get started so you can see how it reacts to heat.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Look online for some cheaper (but not bad quality) of vinyl to start out with. You can get a 5 foot roll for about $10. My recommendation is to try to not to get frustrated. One little bubble can mess the whole thing up for you, but it's always better to just start over rather than trying to salvage a piece that is becoming difficult to sit properly. As you can see from my car, i did TONS of vinyl wrapping all over the place and many a piece of vinyl were trashed because they weren't laying perfectly. Time and patience, you'll get it!

Honda Civic 10th gen Wrapped a small part up front...thoughts? test6

bmaf55

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Thanks for all the advice. I think I’ll give it a shot
Sponsored