Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ā€œvade_R said:
i finally got around to installing the depo clear reflectors, and removed the "civic" emblem from the rear.....to me the chrome civic emblem doesn't go with the black chrome type-R emblems. just imoā€
(Sorry I messed up auto-quote)

i thought something happened to the black Civic hatch badge prior to delivery when noticed it was silver and didnā€™t match black Type R one on the back. They had another R and same-same. They all come like doesnā€™t make it right. The only black badge Iā€™ve seen has letters connected sort of underlined as one part. I donā€™t want that one but may resort to plasti-dip since I donā€™t want to remove the Civic badge that seems to be 5 single letters stuck on and nicely aligned, havenā€™t looked closely yet. If so, mild heat and dental floss makes for easy removal. Then simply painting over silver and use thin DFT to reapply. First Iā€™m going to tape two rulers in place and take picture so I put in same spot once blacked out.

Anyone found a better way, black letter Civic in same font OEM or good quality badge?

I recently pre-ordered this shifter, adapter and boot clamp from Raceseng, ships Feb.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 68E677C0-3554-4678-9E63-E45EDE5D1D6B

I picked Alcatera wrap, and Gate 3 to match our 6-speed.

Last edited:

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
ā€œvade_R said:
i finally got around to installing the depo clear reflectors, and removed the "civic" emblem from the rear.....to me the chrome civic emblem doesn't go with the black chrome type-R emblems. just imoā€
(Sorry I messed up auto-quote)

i thought something happened to the black Civic hatch badge prior to delivery when noticed it was silver and didnā€™t match black Type R one on the back. They had another R and same-same. They all come like doesnā€™t make it right. The only black badge Iā€™ve seen has letters connected sort of underlined as one part. I donā€™t want that one but may resort to plasti-dip since I donā€™t want to remove the Civic badge that seems to be 5 single letters stuck on and nicely aligned, havenā€™t looked closely yet. If so, mild heat and dental floss makes for easy removal. Then simply painting over silver and use thin DFT to reapply. First Iā€™m going to tape two rulers in place and take picture so I put in same spot once blacked out.

Anyone found a better way, black letter Civic in same font OEM or good quality badge?

I recently pre-ordered this shifter, adapter and boot clamp from Raceseng, ships Feb.

68E677C0-3554-4678-9E63-E45EDE5D1D6B.jpeg

I picked Alcatera wrap, and Gate 3 to match our 6-speed.
I got my black chrome OEM Honda Access badge. Exactly what should have come on the CTR from the factory.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 2A816CED-93A8-446E-A406-05A50EF07B08

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 825503E0-7DBC-40CB-9AF5-FA0111A7D5DB

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? C04E459E-A3D9-48A8-BB3D-5A84271A4B79

superchi

First Name
Chi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 Fit, 2001 CRV
Country flag
How difficult was it to take those plastic tabs off?
Pretty easy; I used a plastic trim tool wrapped in a microfiber cloth to start pry the top clips out first, then once those are popped out you can pop the outer edges out with your hands and a little bit of elbow grease. Be careful of the inside bottom corner, there is a push clip on the inside.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my black chrome OEM Honda Access badge. Exactly what should have come on the CTR from the factory.

]
Thanks HP!

Ahoy...Im glad in a way the mismatched butt tattoos irked someone else (silver CIVIC left, black Type Arrrgh on right) and that you found good source. At $69 at ā€˜Heal & Sea Towā€™ that seems a bit high though, thatā€™s $34.50 per vowel sound, I-I Capā€™m, shiver me timbers! I think that is an old seamen term, has something to do with all male crews out for a long time and something wooden, gross, ā€˜nuff (too much) said. All those times my Navy friends picked on me for being AF... paybacks.

Speaking of naval activities and odd couples, I have this great idea for a new law enforcement comedy/adventure TV series, It has throwback connections. Follows the salty adventures of two different ethnicity harbor patrolling, jet ski riding policeman who get along so well they may be partners off duty too.

Itā€™d be called .......
(Wait for it)
CHIPS AHOY!
(You heard it here first, and prolly last)

True story: When we get about 50 itā€™s time to swab the poopdeck aka colonoscopy. I go to Dr. Lawngfaingerā€™s office (not orifice butt there was an OB/GYN doc in the same strip mall) for a consult and theyā€™re repaving the lot. There are several signs saying Additional Parking In Rear. I kept going and rescheduled since I couldnā€™t stop laughing.

So, another somewhat related true story....

in a town at my other now rented house (built with ex) there was a nice large seafood restaurant nearby on the water. Hurricanes (I think Erin/Opal real close to each other) wiped Captā€™n Bubbaā€™s (<ā€”real name) away, well almost. Entire building was gone except for the small shop up front you could buy fresh seafood they served cooked inside listed on the menu, Think like todayā€™s special to go for tomorrow. It never reopened and couple years later another biz opened in the old store there....a,... you guessed it, OB/GYN Clinic! I guess some olfactories donā€™t change. Is that you Marge? No, wait, sorry, I remember...
You canā€™t write this stuff, itā€™s just strange NW FL.

Last edited:

Topsportsman916

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red Sport Touring & 2019 Rallye Red CTR
Country flag

2A816CED-93A8-446E-A406-05A50EF07B08.png

825503E0-7DBC-40CB-9AF5-FA0111A7D5DB.png

C04E459E-A3D9-48A8-BB3D-5A84271A4B79.png
Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for this for awhile. I ordered the Black Chrome Civic letters today. I agree that this is what should have come on the Type R. Only one other thing that is chrome that needs to be replaced & that's the exhaust tips. My AWE Tuning exhaust is being delivered today . I ordered it with their Black Diamond tips. No more chrome !!!

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Glad to help guys. The chrome emblem really bothered me too.
Thanks HP!

Ahoy...Im glad in a way the mismatched butt tattoos irked someone else (silver CIVIC left, black Type Arrrgh on right) and that you found good source. At $69 at ā€˜Heal & Sea Towā€™ that seems a bit high though, thatā€™s $34.50 per vowel sound, I-I Capā€™m, shiver me timbers! I think that is an old seamen term, has something to do with all male crews out for a long time and something wooden, gross, ā€˜nuff (too much) said. All those times my Navy friends picked on me for being AF... paybacks.

Speaking of naval activities and odd couples, I have this great idea for a new law enforcement comedy/adventure TV series, It has throwback connections. Follows the salty adventures of two different ethnicity harbor patrolling, jet ski riding policeman who get along so well they may be partners off duty too.

Itā€™d be called .......
(Wait for it)
CHIPS AHOY!
(You heard it here first, and prolly last)

True story: When we get about 50 itā€™s time to swab the poopdeck aka colonoscopy. I go to Dr. Lawngfaingerā€™s office (not orifice butt there was an OB/GYN doc in the same strip mall) for a consult and theyā€™re repaving the lot. There are several signs saying Additional Parking In Rear. I kept going and rescheduled since I couldnā€™t stop laughing.

So, another somewhat related true story....

in a town at my other now rented house (built with ex) there was a nice large seafood restaurant nearby on the water. Hurricanes (I think Erin/Opal real close to each other) wiped Captā€™n Bubbaā€™s (<ā€”real name) away, well almost. Entire building was gone except for the small shop up front you could buy fresh seafood they served cooked inside listed on the menu, Think like todayā€™s special to go for tomorrow. It never reopened and couple years later another biz opened in the old store there....a,... you guessed it, OB/GYN Clinic! I guess some olfactories donā€™t change. Is that you Marge? No, wait, sorry, I remember...
You canā€™t write this stuff, itā€™s just strange NW FL.
Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for this for awhile. I ordered the Black Chrome Civic letters today. I agree that this is what should have come on the Type R. Only one other thing that is chrome that needs to be replaced & that's the exhaust tips. My AWE Tuning exhaust is being delivered today . I ordered it with their Black Diamond tips. No more chrome !!!

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heh we are all on the same wavelength. Placed an order last night also and some Depo smoked side markers from Amazon.

Still looking for some quality smoked tailights.

Canā€™t wait to see the AWE installed.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Heh we are all on the same wavelength. Placed an order last night also and some Depo smoked side markers from Amazon.

Yup, it's just funny how we all can see things that Honda should...two different color emblems on the same trunk lid.....who is in charge of product image??? Not a true car guy.......that's for sure!:dunno: All I know is that there are going to be some very impressive CTR's around the country this year from this site!!:beer:

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Fathā€™pain,

The USA crowd is supposed to have yellow front marker lights. I havenā€™t seen any come but with white LED bulbs unless they also hook up to turn signals. If youā€™re only using them for corner markers you may want to get a pair of T10s in yellow during shipping. My eBay lights posted below look ok but Iā€™d like a more dispersed vs. spot type LED. First pic is OEM, I like the smoke as the crossing guard yellow lens seems wrong.

SMOKED FOR 2016-2019 HONDA CIVIC SIDE MARKER LAMP TURN SIGNAL LIGHT W/LED BULB
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? s-l200

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 982903F9-05E4-4EA4-8C9F-F92D7D270DBC

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 536AF918-A5CF-463C-AC02-55FD99A75B9E

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? C82402D4-FD4B-4E1A-B968-44F91E71D4BB

Thank you RepyT,
Yes sir, it appears the REVi Motorwerks Depo smoked sidemarkers on Amazon have amber bulbs included, so hopefully they will conform to the local standards. Have seen some positive reviews, so hopefully will be ok.

Fathā€™pain,

The USA crowd is supposed to have yellow front marker lights. I havenā€™t seen any come but with white LED bulbs unless they also hook up to turn signals. If youā€™re only using them for corner markers you may want to get a pair of T10s in yellow during shipping. My eBay lights posted below look ok but Iā€™d like a more dispersed vs. spot type LED. First pic is OEM, I like the smoke as the crossing guard yellow lens seems wrong.

SMOKED FOR 2016-2019 HONDA CIVIC SIDE MARKER LAMP TURN SIGNAL LIGHT W/LED BULB

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
C82402D4-FD4B-4E1A-B968-44F91E71D4BB.png

Thank you RepyT,
Yes sir, it appears the REVi Motorwerks Depo smoked sidemarkers on Amazon have amber bulbs included, so hopefully they will conform to the local standards. Have seen some positive reviews, so hopefully will be ok.
I have the Honda JDM side markers on mine, went with the Philips Ultinon LED amber bulbs. I honestly can't say enough about these. With the clear design of my side markers I was worried about the light dispersion myself but at night these absolutely GLOW...super happy with these!!

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? ABADB01F-5DA3-44A0-9A31-3AB0900E20EE

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? B060182B-EEDA-45F2-9B32-A37614CDBF08

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? D160E23E-CE97-4F5C-B167-704A4F83F617

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? B8C2BD15-49D7-4A88-AA8F-885AD70B8280

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 2E350AE3-E1F3-424A-815A-60C27E04ED2B

Last edited: