Ktuned ‘18 Si
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys so i recently got into an accident and rear ended someone. I bent my radiator, and condenser but neither are leaking as well as broke the plug coming off of the wastegate. I was getting a lot of codes from the plug breaking but managed to get it back on with some zipties and the codes went away. Now i am getting a VERY loud ticking noise from my valve cover that sounds like injectors on steroids. I have had no problems with the car since the accident and everything seems to be working fine except for the noise, and when i let off the gas my AFR shoots up to 29 for a second on the decel (not sure if thats normal or not but thought id mention) if anyone recognizes the sound or anything it would greatly help as this is my daily and would like it not to explode. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Can you take it to a dealership to review under warranty? It sounds like it may be fuel related.. injectors/fuel rail/ect.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Sounds like my loud ass engine/injectors... And mine is fine.

OP
OP
Lilruben1

Lilruben1

Ktuned ‘18 Si
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Can you take it to a dealership to review under warranty? It sounds like it may be fuel related.. injectors/fuel rail/ect.
it is not under warranty anymore and im trying my hardest not to break the bank, but i might have to just shell out for the diag fee. thank you for the reply!

OP
OP
Lilruben1

Lilruben1

Ktuned ‘18 Si
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Sounds like my loud ass engine/injectors... And mine is fine.
Before the accident they were definitely audible but not this loud, ive never heard them from inside the car with the windows closed but now they are probably double the volume

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you going to get it fixed through insurance? If so, you can make a claim and mention that and the insurance will have the dealer look at it and cover the cost of the repair ONLY if the dealership confirms it was accident related. Might be worth a shot.

RoB y4h3ll

First Name
Deric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda civic Si sedan, 2016 Honda civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it is not under warranty anymore and im trying my hardest not to break the bank, but i might have to just shell out for the diag fee. thank you for the reply!
Thats a normal noise, its sounds consistant right? Like eltrical zap zap zap zap. But more like a slower injector right? Mine does the same thing.
44k miles in 1 year (2020 si)
Sponsored