ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, we don't have that feature - though it would be nice. I would also really like a front facing camera equivalent to the reversing camera as it would be very useful for parking at times.

There is a video on youtube of a Malaysian civic x with a custom front camera which also shows the predictive lines when going forward. I would really like that feature to help me teach my son to park more safely.
I have front parking sensors. They work very well. You can also see on which side you're closest to on the info screen.
Sponsored

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
My bad. It was a civic RS model, I guess I thought it was an AU available model for whatever reason.
We have the RS - it still doesn't have both cameras though.

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
Just the driver's side then? :confused:
No, just the passenger side - same as you. Theoretically you could fit the mirror / camera from the right-hand drive cars to left =hand drive cars and have both cameras but you would need software changes which would be very hard with the way Honda has locked this unit.

We do have front and rear parking sensors though.

fnction22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I wonder if we could get those OEM for our North American models :hmm:

surge83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Crystal Black Pearl Civic Hatchback EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if we can mod the NA civics to have that blind-spot monitoring from EU models?

surge83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Crystal Black Pearl Civic Hatchback EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I just noticed someone asked the same thing lol

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know if there is a way to display the rear camera view without being in reverse? Perhaps like how you can activate the right-side camera by pushing the button on the turn signal lever without actually engaging the right turn signal?
Not easily. There is a wire that runs into the headunit that gets +12V on it when the car goes into reverse, and that signals the headunit to show the rear camera video. It'd be possible to rig that wire to a switch on the dash that would let you trick the headunit into thinking the car's in reverse whenever you wanted to. AFAIK no one has tried it yet, though.

Mistborn7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Not easily. There is a wire that runs into the headunit that gets +12V on it when the car goes into reverse, and that signals the headunit to show the rear camera video. It'd be possible to rig that wire to a switch on the dash that would let you trick the headunit into thinking the car's in reverse whenever you wanted to. AFAIK no one has tried it yet, though.
But, I've seen people go into a diagnostics menu to view their lines (and the rear camera) while driving. Does that mean they are driving with reverse lights on?

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
But, I've seen people go into a diagnostics menu to view their lines (and the rear camera) while driving. Does that mean they are driving with reverse lights on?
I doubt it. I'd guess the transmission signals the reverse lights to come on and signals the headunit to show the reverse camera. Displaying the reverse camera through the diagnostic menu wouldn't turn the reverse lights on because that's not where they get their signal to turn on from.

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, an orange indicator shows on the mirror glass when a car is in your blind spot. Like this

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear Camera: not just for reverse? 2017-Honda-CR-V-side-mirror-blind-spot-768x500_o
Totally need to figure out a way to make this possible on our NA cars. I would pay a considerable amount for this haha.

ikbenben

Belgium spec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic 1.5T Sport Plus HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everything is possible but on what amount of money.
Sponsored