si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
You're doing a bang-up job so far there, twaugh5.

And OP, hopefully you take care of your MSM 2020 Si Sedan better than another guy who parked right next to my 2019. His was incredibly, incredibly dirty. Maybe he just went offroading or something, who knows. It was very interesting he parked right next to me, though. It was a massive parking lot with tons of options. I'm guessing it was intentional. I peaked inside to seek the differences, and honestly I don't like the red on the seats. The vents looked neat, I guess.
Haha yeah, I don't know what he was trying to do.

I actually preferred the pre-2020 seats with less red as well, but they have grown on me over the course of the 10 days of owning it. One change to the interior that came with the 2020 model I do like is the red accent across the dash that mimics that of the Type-R dash with the carbon fiber pieces. Looks tight.

But in terms of keeping it clean, I already washed it twice in 10 days lmao :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Dpack

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Great write up, you’re on point! I agree with 100%, and it’s the same mindset, and reason’s I bought my 2019 SI Coupe

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Ill never understand being happy not having lkas etc. You can turn every feature off if needed. Whoever says they want less optional features is kidding themselves imo. Unless you really just cant stand having those buttons to push. Other than cosmetics there you can literally turn a 2020 into a 2019 without lkas with a few button presses.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Haha yeah, I don't know what he was trying to do.

I actually preferred the pre-2020 seats with less red as well, but they have grown on me over the course of the 10 days of owning it. One change to the interior that came with the 2020 model I do like is the red accent across the dash that mimics that of the Type-R dash with the carbon fiber pieces. Looks tight.

But in terms of keeping it clean, I already washed it twice in 10 days lmao :thumbsup:
For sure. I wasn't able to see the red on the dash at night.

And yeah, I'm guessing this wasn't your car on the right here if you claim you have cleaned yours.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Owner of a 2020 Si Sedan: Why I Bought it and Impressions after 600 miles 9GPVF0

Before I drove out, I left a note on his windshield and said I'm MuffinMcFluffin from CivicX forums, but I have yet to see a post regarding this haha.

EDIT: I have to clarify that I didn't write the note ON HIS HOOD, I left a piece of paper that I put under his wiper (not in the picture). I wouldn't ever touch his car in that other way lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
si_well

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Ill never understand being happy not having lkas etc. You can turn every feature off if needed. Whoever says they want less optional features is kidding themselves imo. Unless you really just cant stand having those buttons to push. Other than cosmetics there you can literally turn a 2020 into a 2019 without lkas with a few button presses.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. All of the honda sensing features can be set to be disabled so when you turn your car on they will be off by default. The only ones I have on all the time are the features that are meant to be used as fail safes which come into play to prevent accidents, i.e. Road Departure Mitigation System (RDMS) and Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS). You don't know they are there until you need them, and you'll be happy you have them after they are used. For instance, a deer jumped right in front of me as I looked down at my infotainment system to change the song and the car started braking before I even saw the deer. If it had not started braking by itself I probably would not have been able to stop in time and would have smoked that deer. Shit happens and sometimes things are beyond your control, so I firmly believe it's better to have these technologies and not need it than to need it and not have them.

However, the Lane Keep Assisted Steering (LKAS) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) are nice for going on road trips, but again, just because they are there does not mean you are obligated to use them.

Last edited:

OP
OP
si_well

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
For sure. I wasn't able to see the red on the dash at night.

And yeah, I'm guessing this wasn't your car on the right here if you claim you have cleaned yours.

9GPVF0.png

Before I drove out, I left a note on his dash and said I'm MuffinMcFluffin from CivicX forums, but I have yet to see a post regarding this haha.
Lmao, that along with the fact that I'm on the other side of the country as you leads me to believe that was not me. I like the note left on his car though lol.

Spiff44

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Nice write up. Man, I'm almost jealous.. I have had mine for almost year and it barely has 800 miles... the result of working from home. I almost miss the commute now...almost.

OP
OP
si_well

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Nice write up. Man, I'm almost jealous.. I have had mine for almost year and it barely has 800 miles... the result of working from home. I almost miss the commute now...almost.
Wow! Only 800 in a year is crazy to me. I am just shy of breaking 1000 after only 10 days of driving it. Most of it was from that trip I took the first couple days, but I often catch myself taking the long way home and looking for excuses to drive it lol.

Spiff44

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Yeah, I don't do shit anymore. I grocery shop once or twice a month.. the store about .75 mile a way. The original tank of gas lasted me 4 months+... I'm still working on the 2nd tank... I got to fill it up once.
I did take it out on a fun run though once.. visited a couple state parks nearby that had great road along the way.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
Congrats on the purchase. You’ll love it

Skrilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS E90
Country flag
Excellent writeup! Congrats on your new car. Best color choice too.
Me, if I could change anything about these cars, it would be to shorten the 4-door (why does it need to be so long? it's just a Civic ffs).........and they should put some actual lumbar support in the seats.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Excellent writeup! Congrats on your new car. Best color choice too.
Me, if I could change anything about these cars, it would be to shorten the 4-door (why does it need to be so long? it's just a Civic ffs).........and they should put some actual lumbar support in the seats.
If you were to shorten the 4 door it would be too tight for leg room. The 4 door is only a little bit longer than the coupe

Skrilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS E90
Country flag
If you were to shorten the 4 door it would be too tight for leg room. The 4 door is only a little bit longer than the coupe
Eh.....It's already 183" long, which is 5" longer than my 2009 BMW 335, another 4-door sedan.
But I'm old-school, I don't see why every new generation has to get bigger and bigger. You guys wouldn't believe how small the original Civic was.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Eh.....It's already 183" long, which is 5" longer than my 2009 BMW 335, another 4-door sedan.
But I'm old-school, I don't see why every new generation has to get bigger and bigger. You guys wouldn't believe how small the original Civic was.
The original civic didnt have trunk space and it also wouldn't meet crash ratings of modern cars. New cars have larger crumple zones to keep the occupants safe. Also the "wants" that people have out of a sedan are leg room and trunk space. That's why all cars seem to be getting bigger. It's why I opted for the coupe. I wanted the slightly smaller vehicle

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Even compared to my 9th gen, the 10th gen feels like a boat.
Sponsored